Lets get the bad bits over first. The Lounge is a very buzzy place, it is comfortable with a wonderful glass roof, there's lots going on, elegant ladies, smart men in smart suits, everyone is doing something important and that is clear by their demeanor.
But here's the rub.. just before ordering a scotch for me, and a gin for the madam , I happened to glance at the menu, something I rarely do: and there it was "23 euros" each, and that just for the spirit, the mixer was presumably delivered by security van at even higher price.
I have been around some of the most expensive bars, but never asked to pay so much.
I would at this stage normally make some derogatery remark about the Spanish economy, but the room was quite reasonable, however you can't drink a room.
Well I say it was reasonable... yes lets be fair, great bed, marvelous pillows, the whole place immaculate in every way, but I don't like showers, I prefer to slump in a bath, so why, I ask pander to the showerers and have the tap half way up the wall near the showers so I have to stand up when I want more warm water?
So those are the only bad bits really, as to the rest... absolutely great, smiling and helpful staff, a lovely breakfast with everything fresh.. even at 10-55 for a service that ends at 11, and most important of all, nut a hop from the Prada Art Gallery, a skip from the VonThysen Art Gallery, and a jump from the Sacramento High Quality Shopping area.
Can't wait to go again, but am taking a hip flask.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Palace Madrid Hotel
- The Westin Palace Madrid Hotel Madrid
- Westin Madrid
- Madrid Westin
- Westin Palace Madrid
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built by order of King Alfonso XIII in 1912, The Westin Palace, Madrid was recently restored to its original splendor. Situated near the Prado museum, historic monuments and some of the best tapas restaurants in town, It is listed in the Condé Nast Traveler "Gold List 2010" as one of the best hotels in Spain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood EMEA, Travelocity, Splendia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your The Westin Palace Madrid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.