This is really quite an impressive building, and more so once you are inside. Bookings were made online, and once we arrived, check-in was quick and painless. A tiny lift takes you to your required floor, once you have managed to get your room card to activate the internal lift buttons, which takes a bit of juggling, and we were not alone in this.
Doors to rooms had the appearance that you were entering an apartment, and once inside, the rooms were a very good size. The bathrooms all marble with 'his and hers' sinks, a huge shower head which was great but a little underpowered and bathrobes etc as you would expect. All very clean and well presented.
Breakfast was excellent, with a buffet style selection catering for most tastes ranging from congee and samosas, to a chef cooking your eggs to order, through to a full English fry-up, including a glass or two of Cava should you happen to be an alcoholic and need a sharpener for the day! The setting of the dining room with it's stained glass dome is quite spectacular.
The bar in the evening is quite pleasant and atmospheric, but pricey as expected. We did not notice any traffic noise when we were there and the location was excellent for our needs which was a long weekend break. Lots of tapas bars nearby frequented by locals and not tourists which was perfect.
Staff were always on hand and helpful should you require it. A very pleasant experience overall.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Palace Madrid Hotel
- The Westin Palace Madrid Hotel Madrid
- Westin Madrid
- Madrid Westin
- Westin Palace Madrid
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built by order of King Alfonso XIII in 1912, The Westin Palace, Madrid was recently restored to its original splendor. Situated near the Prado museum, historic monuments and some of the best tapas restaurants in town, It is listed in the Condé Nast Traveler "Gold List 2010" as one of the best hotels in Spain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood EMEA, Travelocity, Splendia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your The Westin Palace Madrid reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.