“Outstanding!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Patas, Flamenco en Vivo

Casa Patas, Flamenco en Vivo
10 Calle Canizares, Madrid, Spain (Centro)
34 91 369 04
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 811 nightlife in Madrid
Type: Bar/ Clubs
Activities: Nightlife, Drinking
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The reigning Queen of Flamenco, Sara Baras, holds court at this fun flamenco bar.
Madrid, Spain
7 attraction reviews
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

If you get a chance to see Flamenco at Casa Patas, take it. I have been twice and both shows were very different, but equally amazing. It was recommended by a Madrilena who works with my husband, which lent some weight to the recommendation and we also felt that the audience was more Spanish than tourist. After seeing the shows, I feel that 34 euros is a bargain for the experience. Really, one of the most spectacular experiences I've had in Spain.

Visited November 2013

• Polish first
Manchester
5 attraction reviews
“Thanks to tripadvisor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Had arrived in Madrid early evening on a one night stop over, our hotel Petit Palace Londres (see review) was close to a theatre we had seen advertising Flamenco but by the time we had got out the last show had finished for the day so using my iPhone I located Casa Patas which was a short walk, we arrived to find a busy bar and restaurant area and checked on availability for the show - we were lucky and got the last two seats - as read on another review the show is not cheap but we watched two sets of the most magnificent entertainment - superb dancing and great raw flamenco guitar and vocals - we were so glad we had not gone to a typical tourist show, next time in Madrid we will definitely return . Oh and the nibbles they provide in the bar with your drinks are good

Santorini, Greece
7 attraction reviews
“FANTASTIC!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We searched the web for the right place with an authentic and untouristic flamenco show. After reading many blogs and reviews mostly by Spanish writers, we ended up with Casa Patas. I had some Madridian customers where I work who told me the last show is always the best and that’s when Madridians goes.
I booked seats a week in advance, for the last show at 24.00 on Friday night. It was a very good choice!

Entering Casa Patas, there is a restaurant connected in the front and a room with a small stage and seating (like a small comedy club setup) in the back. The whole wall is covered by photos of many of the artists having performed in casa Patas during the years Many are internationally well known, like Joaquin Cortés as an example.
The happy and excellent waitress showed us our good seats, close to the scene.

Before the performance an old man arrived and was warmly welcomed and embraced by all the performers. We understood that he must be someone special, and were later told that this was the 85-year old famous flamenco singer Antonio “el” Rubio.

The show started with the singers “Piculabe” and Antonio Ingueta Rubio, flamenco guitarists Camaron de Pitita and Jony Jimez, percussion Luky Losada. After a few songs the flamenco dancer Gema Moneo entered and danced for a full song. She had a break while the others sang again and then entered in new red flamenco dress with dots in which she gave a fantasic performance. The male dancer Kelian Jimenez took over the stage and was excellent as well.

I searched the web and found out that Gema Moneo is from the legendary Moneo clan of Gypsy flamenco singers and guitarists in Jerez de la Frontera. Kelian Jimenez has been part of major flamenco dance companies such as Antonio Canales and Antonio Vargas besides acting in different national tablaos. The fantastic singer Antonio Ingueta Rubio is the grandson of Antonio EL Rubio and is one of the few flamenco artists who can play the guitar at the same time as singing, with great technique and skill.
When we thought the show was over, a lady dressed in green entered together with a guitarist. She introduced herself as Remedios Amaya and opened her performance by saying “I kiss you all” and she specially welcomed the "great" Antonio El Rubio.
We sat with open mouths, had goosebumps all over whe she sang from her heart. I got tears in my eyes, even if I don’t understand much Spanish. She danced, sang and later throwed off her flamenco shoes and danced in in her nylon stockings. AMAZING!! Two of our company have seen flamenco before in Andalusia and said that this performance was very, very good.
And of course it was. I read later that Remedios Amaya is a famous flamenco performer and began singing as a child in famous flamenco clubs. She is also known under the name Camarona de Triana and have published six albums with traditional flamenco and gypsy songs, as well as singing for Spain in Eurovison Song contest 1983.

I am so happy that we found Casa Patas and decided to see flamenco here. We payed 35 euros each with a drink included and it was worth every penny!

Charlotte Amalie, null, United States
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

No colorful costumes, felt like I was at a home basement get together. The male dancer was in a poor fitting leisure suit he kept fussing with and looked like it was his first performance, the female wore a black cotton dress.For the short and expensive 1.5 hr they barely danced for 20 minutes. They just didn't seem like they had their act together. The musicians were ok, best part was the guitar solo, but I don't think he played one complete song, kinda jumped around . We thought we were getting a dinner show, but admission was for the show and a drink. Air conditioner dripped on us the entire time. Been there done that.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
16 attraction reviews
“Don't miss it! A MUST!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This review is exclusively for the flamenco show, I have added a different review for the restaurant in the respective section. Although the tickets were quite expensive (34 euros a piece which rounds up to 46 US dollars), the show was worth every penny! What an amazing performance. The female dancer impressed everyone with her expressions and profuse sweating in each performance. The two guys who did all the "cante" (singing) had their soul in their voices. And the other two who played the guitar (toque) were phenomenal. There are not enough words to express the experience of being there live as someone who had never seen flamenco live. A wonderful unforgettable night!