Our hotel was perfectly located on the bustling Calle de la Cava Baja - Madrid's main tapas street. The posada is a converted 19th Century coaching inn with a contemporary design aesthetic. Our spacious twin was minimalistic and its chic and sexy design had a playful edge: oversized lampshades, hand painted walls, a blissful rain forest shower, all in white, hidden behind a mirrored door; the wash hand basin was conveniently located in the room which is great for two guys getting ready for a night on the town.
The rooms open onto a rustic atrium. The bar was buzzing with Madrilenos feasting on tapas. It specialises in Spanish wines with an emphasis on those from the region around Madrid. Il Cad and I savoured local vermouth and tortilla before beginning our tapas crawl.
For less than 10 euros, the breakfast includes fresh-squeezed juices, glazed croissants, fruit, manchego and cured meats, and a wide selection of crusty artisan bread. The dining room has a glass floor displaying the ancient walls of La Latina and random bottles of wine, which only added to the charm.
The lads behind reception offer a personal service and for less than £88 per night, this cheek posada offered oustanding value. In short, designer chic whilst retaining its historic charm and in a great location less than five minutes from the Plaza Major and the foodie paradise of the Mercado de St Miguel.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Del Leon De Oro Hotel Madrid
- Posada Del Leon De Oro Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built as a guesthouse, it is now design and a singular Hotel. Located in the neighborhood of La Latina, in the heart of Madrid. It has 17 rooms, all unique. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Splendia, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Posada del Leon de Oro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.