“Best in Madrid” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Villa Magna

You added Hotel Villa Magna to your Saves list
Hotel Villa Magna
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo de la Castellana 22, 28046 Madrid, Spain (Barrio de Salamanca)   |
Ranked #9 of 453 Hotels in Madrid
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“Best in Madrid”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel both for business and pleasure and I always return to it. The location is fantastic - centrally located from the main sights and a range of dining options as others have noted. The quality of the rooms is great - spacious rooms, complimentary wifi and nice Asprey toiletries. Rooms are well furnished, spotless and the service throughout the hotel fantastic. They have a charming outdoor terrace - both at the front and back of the hotel. Would not stay anywhere else in Madrid. I have not used the spa or hotel restaurants as there is so much choice on your doorstep.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Charles L Morri... G, General Manager at Hotel Villa Magna, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
I cannot tell you how delighted I was to read your comments following your recent visit. It will be a pleasure to share these with the hotel staff.

We are very happy you had a wonderful stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again to the Villa Magna!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Greek first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a Junior Suite for 4 nights in June. Room was great and the Hotel was in a fantastic location to walk and explore the city.
Arrived on Saturday night and neither of the hotel restaurants were open for dinner which reflects business focus.
Breakfast was expensive (€40) and service was poor.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Hotel Villa Magna. I am sorry that your experience with the restaurant and the service did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

The trip to Madrid was fantatsic! Love the bars and culture! Very relaxing and lots of sights to see. The hotel was nice. Food was good and the dervice as well. Had a great experience and love the pata iberico...the best ham in the world!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your warm and enthusiastic comments and for taking the time to share your experience.

My staff and I hope you will regard the Villa Magna as your Hotel in Madrid and hope you will come to visit us again soon!
saint louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Despite a rather unimpressive façade, the hotel is attractive and our rooms were quiet and comfortable. Our check in was efficient and our luggage arrived quickly to our room. The room is slightly dark for my taste but the bathroom was well lit and large.
We had excellent breakfast every morning of our stay and the staff were polite and went out of their way to make sure you had everything that you needed.
Our rooms were clean and turn down service was nice-- a large bottle of water by the bedside and a new one given every night. It is so nice for a hotel to provide such a simple, but appreciated gesture.
Wifi worked well and we had no issues throughout our stay. The concierge was exceptional and offered nice, local restaurants that were not overrun by tourists. We asked for more authentic places and he listened!
My only small complaint was the inability to cool our bedroom down at night. Our sitting room was cool but our bedroom was warmer than I would have preferred.
A very nice hotel that has top to bottom service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Charles L Morri... G, General Manager at Hotel Villa Magna, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Hotel Villa Magna. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. The hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.

Istanbul Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

A very nice hotel, A classical, very clean excellent service, top quality, the staff is very helpful, rooms are functional, all ammenities are top quality. Highly recomended as a business hotel. Close to shopping areas as well. Do not miss it

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
I cannot tell you how delighted I was to read your comments following your recent visit. It will be a pleasure to share these with the staff.

We are very happy you had another wonderful stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Villa Magna very soon.

Best regards,
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I arrived with my three large bags at 07:30. Nobody was by the hotel entrance. It was only after paying the taxi driver, unloading the bags and starting to roll one to the door that the bellman arrived. The lobby was absolutely quiet and nobody at reception. The doorman started to call to to get someone to come to reception. It surprised me, as of course I usually expect the door and reception to be staffed 24/7. I liked the junior suite I was shown to: clean, quiet, good layout, some small nice accents like pillow spray. Yet there were some minuses: there are switch to change shower to bathtub soak was broken. During the day after housekeeping there were no clean glasses and the bottle opener had disappeared (we called to have that all restocked). Good selection in minibar and all the time fresh ice. Movie on demand service is not available despite a remote with all the necessary buttons. The only way we could figure this out was to call technical assistance. Next day I tried the restaurant, and this was subpar. The waiter did not know what champagne they offer by glass. It took 15 mins to get that information, after we ordered she delivered a different kind of champagne then was ordered. The waiter also had bad breath. At night time I and friends came to garden bar which close at 2am, we took a table at 1:45 and ordered Chivas Rigal 21years Royal Salut and get answer that the bar is closed (At 1:45!). I have to spent some time to go to reception, figure out the situation, and finally we received our order. I see this rude service first time in 5 star hotel. When I do check-out I found they double charge me for SPA. It was rectified but still too much work for guest to enjoy luxury service in luxury hotel. So location is good, amenities and quality of rooms are also good but I do not experience any wishes to return to this hotel. Price is ok for 5 star hotel just no life atmosphere in this hotel. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Hotel Villa Magna. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Hotel Villa Magna, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent any future occurrences.

Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Very stylish hotel in good location. Staff very helpful and friendly and they definitely went the extra mile to find some documents I had left behind after I checked out. The rooms were spacious and very quiet and we really enjoyed our stay. Great service

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Charles L Morri... G, General Manager at Hotel Villa Magna, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words.

My staff and I hope you will regard the Villa Magna as your hotel in Madrid and hope you will visit us as often as you like. We will make every effort to make your stay comfortable.

My appreciation, once again, for taking the time to register your comments.

Been to Hotel Villa Magna? Share your experiences!