“I would stay here again!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Villa Real to your Saves list
Hotel Villa Real
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Plaza de las Cortes 10, 28014 Madrid, Spain   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #56 of 458 Hotels in Madrid
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
“I would stay here again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Located across from the legislature, close to fabulous museums and markets, a real gem (pun).

Room was great, staff very helpful. Bed was comfortable, bath excellent. Only negative was limited TV selection, but who watches?

• Stayed November 2012
DireccionDerbyHotels, Subdirector at Hotel Villa Real, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting such a good comment about the service and in general about the hotel.

All the staff is happy to read we are doing a good job and we have made you feel comfortable in your stay at hotel .

Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The main reason for my choosing the 'excellent' rating for this hotel would be location - opposite the Congress of Deputies, very close to the Thyssen gallery and to the Prado, the Retiro park and a short walkable distant from Plaza Mayor and other interesting parts of the city. The monastery of Las Descalzas Reales is not far..The hotel itself is excellent: the staff are welcoming, friendly & approachable. The room was clean, stylish & comfortable - the only reservation would be that it is built on 2 levels, with 3 steps separating the sleeping / wardrobe / bathroom area from the sitting area - this might prove a problem with adventurous children! A fine choice of cold food was provided at breakfast & hot dishes were offered also.. A very positive, enjoyable experience.

Dear Mrs. Monica,

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The location is a definite draw - near the Prado, the Thyssen museum and fun tapas bars and nightlife in the Barrio de las Lettras. However if you are a light sleeper like me, definitely avoid the duplex suites on the top (fifth) floor. The sound transferred like I was in a movie drama shot in a prison cell. Loud, echoing and startling all hours of the night. I was awokened numerous times by loud and disturbing noise. It didn't help that four families with toddlers checked in after 10pm at night and left their doors open and kids running & screaming back and forth. I went into the hall but the families didn't speak english and ignored me. When I called reception after 45 minutes they did seem to deal somewhat with the issue. However the noises did continue loud and echoing throughout the night and came right through the walls. The next day I asked for a different room and was told there was none except a similar one also on the 5th floor near those families. I checked on line and found one instantly. Eventually front desk did agree they could move me but I had to wait until 3pm. The new room was under a "less" expensive category (no refund offered) but in fact was somewhat better (a junior, non-duplex) suite despite the fact I got elevator noise and street noise - much less disturbing than the loud echoing. Breakfast was good, the staff was nice and tried to accommodate and the bathrooms had all the amenities one would want. However in the new room the "movie" and general menu did not work. At this point it is still down giving me time to post this revue. FYI one has only 90 straight minutes a day of internet access that's complimentary a day here. Shame on them in this digital age for a five star hotel! Get with the new world management. Overall I don't think I could stay here again as I need my sleep when I travel. Also the rooms need a little TLC - the first one had severe water damage on the floor (#511 FYI management - I'd have that fixed in a jiffy) beside the doors to the patio by the bed, the second has glass doors to shut out outside noise that cannot be actually shut completely (don't meet the seals on both sides).

Room Tip: Don't go for the duplex rooms if you are a light sleeper or can't negotiate narrow steep mar...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DireccionDerbyHotels, Subdirector at Hotel Villa Real, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
On behalf of all of us at the Hotel Villa Real, thank you for taking the time to complete the recent Trip Advisor Review. I wanted to follow up with you personally, as you are a most valued client and we appreciated receiving your feedback.

First of all,. I have shared your comments with the entire team at the Hotel Villa Real. We have immediately implemented procedures to ensure to improve all the points you mentioned. We are actively pursuing corrective measures so that you will have a better experience, should you give us the chance to earn your future business. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we can improve. It is important to us that we use the feedback given to us by our guests as a tool to improve so that we continue to exceed your expectations.

I would also appreciate an opportunity to discuss your stay in additional detail. Please call me directly at your earliest convenience and I look forward to speaking to you so this matter can be settled to your satisfaction. I can also be reached via email as well if that is more convenient.

At Hotel Villa Real hospitality we pride ourselves in providing unique hospitality experiences and superior service. Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you.

At your Service,

Antonio Martin
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Staff is lovely and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble. Location is wonderful. Breakfast was plentiful and nice.

We were upgraded to a large duplex room. Temperature control in the rooms was impossible requiring us to leave windows open at night time. Also, the rooms walls are so thin it was impossible to sleep properly. Thus, sadly we felt both these things let the place down.

The worst thing of all though is WiFi costs 11euro for 24 hours. This is not acceptable is a 4 or 5 star hotel. This hotel is 3 * at best.

Sort out the issues of temperature control and wifi charges.

At your Service,

Antonio Martin
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

It was our first time to Madrid, so we had no idea what to expect.
Fortunately our hopes were
more than met at the Hotel Villa Real. We arrived late at night, to be warmly welcome, with staff very happy to assist us with getting settled. We were delighted to find that our room had a lovely, cozy sitting area two steps down from the sleeping area. Furthermore, on the coffee table, there was a beautiful red rose, a bottle of red wine and two wine glasses with a warm welcome note. We had a great view of the Parliament across the road from our balcony.
The hotel is walking distance from anywhere one would want to visit in Madrid, the Prado and Thyssen-Bornemiszer museums across the road, and great shopping 1 km away. The Santa Anna restaurant area is 8 minutes walk away. The hotel is spotless, the breakfast is great and there is a lovely restaurant/bar on site with all staff having a "can-do" attitude.
Free Internet is only for 90 minutes a day to be used all at one time, but there is a computer downstairs that you can use at anytime with no limit.

Dear Mrs. Sandi,

And I am very happy as well to inform you that we have got already available 24 hours free wifi access internet for all our guest.

Your words made us we improve.

East Wenatchee, WA USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

While waiting for our departure on a bike tour of Andalusia/Mancha our family and friends (13 people) spent a night in Hotel Villa Real. Our experience at Hotel Villa Real was wonderful. The staff was pleasant, extremely helpful, and went beyond our expectations in making our stay a great experience. The buffet breakfast was excellent and well worth the extra expense. The quality and variety of food choices was outstanding and the wait staff were friendly, efficient, and, unlike some past experiences, did not put the rush on us to eat and get out. The relaxed atmosphere allowed us the opportunity, as a group, to make plans for the day and to review our experiences to this point of our trip. I, as well as the rest of our group, based on our experience would highly recommend this hotel. Yes, to a person, if returning to Madrid
we would choose the Hotel Villa Real for an extended stay.

Room Tip: We had a total of seven rooms, located in various areas of the hotel, and no complaints regarding lo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
DireccionDerbyHotels, Subdirector at Hotel Villa Real, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed here in May for three days, chosing through SLH's and for its central location.
Hotel was clean, the room fairly roomy with a separate sitting area and a julliet balcony that opened onto the square in front of the hotel.
Very close to the major museums including the Prado and only a five minute walk from the central squares, for bars and restaurants.

Breakfast was good with an extensive selection of cold fruit, meats and pastries.

Only strange thing was the wifi. We were given a login code but not told that it was for one hour per day and once you had logged in the time was running. Not quite what we had expected from a luxury hotel.

There was only one desktop PC available in reception for when the day's wifi ran out.

Staff were pleasant and generally helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
DireccionDerbyHotels, subdirector at Hotel Villa Real, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Guest.

First of all, I would like to thank you for expressing your opinions
About the services of our hotel during your stay.

The opinion of our clients is extremely important to us, as it makes us
Improve our services continually.

I thank you once more for your collaboration. I stay at your disposal.

I would like to have the opportunity to meet you in a future visit. I will
Personally make sure it is pleasant for you.

Yours sincerely,

Assistant Manager

Been to Hotel Villa Real? Share your experiences!