“Little disappointing ” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Little disappointing ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Sound proofing between rooms is disappointing.
Doors do not soft close. Slams loudly.
Piped music is very loud and starts early in the morning.
Breakfast greasy and cold.

Hotel is clean, rooms are comfortable.

Summary. Stay at the hilton down the road.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Madrid Airport, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear Peter_Cambridge,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We are delighted to read you found our hotel clean and the rooms comfortable. However, we regret letting you down on some aspects of your stay. We take all feedback from our guests seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Greek first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

This hotel far exceeded what I was expecting. It is very new, and it shows. The free shuttle picked me up at the airport at 10 pm, and took me to the hotel. The restaurant was open until midnight, and was busy when I arrived. I had a very nice risotto and a decent glass of wine for a good price. The restaurant was clean and efficient.

The room itself was great. I was just wishing I didn't have that 5 a.m. wake-up call to go to the airport. There was a great shower and deep soaker tub complete with bath salts. There were nice housecoats, a big closet, a great desk, a k-cup type coffee maker, chocolates and even an aroma therapy package for sleeping. The bed was oh-so comfortable. I travel a lot and seem to be in hotel beds as much as my own at home, and I think this was the most comfortable I have had. I think it had some kind of memory foam top. The wake up call was right on schedule and there was a human on the phone.

I honestly can't think of anything that could have been improved. It was absolutely perfect for an airport stopover. Definitely would stay here again. My only regret was that I had so few hours to enjoy it. Thank you.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
CPMManagement, Director General at Crowne Plaza Madrid Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

We would primarily like to thank you for choosing to stay at Crowne Plaza Madrid Airport.

We note with pleasure that your experience at Crowne Plaza Madrid Airport was a great one.

Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

what a nice hotel it is. the cleanliness is too good and lenin used in the room is fantastic. very nice room for sound sleep. my entire jet log has cleared after having a sound sleep in this hotel. very near to air port.

Room Tip: high way road rooms are convenient.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

With best regards
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We got this decent room during our recent holiday to Spain.. Location is just what we wanted (closer to airport with parking). It was surely not the 4-5 star we expected but stay was comfortable despite the Christmas time. Breakfast was OK but service can get better!! Price was the highlight as it was well below our budget and the room was decent.. Overall value for money!!

Room Tip: Choose a room not facing the highway as there is not much to see anyway!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Crowne Plaza Madrid Airport
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

This hotel has good rooms, good size, very good condition.

The negative aspect is that the hotel is located in the middle of nowhere, theres not a train station near.

So if for any reason you want to visit the city center get ready to pay for the taxi or try to find a bus somewhere around.

Been said that, is a perfectly fine airport hotel to have a rest for your next travel, and if that is your only intention then i can recommend it.

Room Tip: Nothing special to suggest as this hotel is just to make a stop before the next flight.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
CPMManagement, Director General at Crowne Plaza Madrid Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2014

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

The worst check in I have ever experienced at any hotel. Three separate men checked me in at once, all not really looking at me. One said 'that's everything' in a tone of are you stupid why are you still here. The reason I was still there was I had no key! I explained that I did not want to go to airport next day because staying two nights, my transfer back was then changed. but of course the next day my key would not work for room because one of the three staff who checked me in had not updated that I had booked for two days. Still not that big a problem, but before I went to bed on final night I set the tv alarm. The alarm never went off, luckily I woke up in time anyway, I turned on TV and it had clearly been over ridden by reception in the evening because it said 'please select a language'. This is not acceptable for an airport hotel. Staff training on how to check guests in is needed. The area the hotel is in is pretty dire and as others suggest you would be much better staying in the city and getting a tube or taxi to airport,which I do not think would take any longer.

When you arrive at the airport, the information on Crowne Plaza website is limited, but basically you need to find the special hotel pick up point and phone them on your mobile and wait around.

Service would be 0 stars but the room was very good and what you would expect and housekeepers were friendly and pleasant to be fair.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Sir,

We are really sorry for all inconveniences.

Thank you very much.

Best regards
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stayed overnight as had a flight early the next morning

Stayed in a twice double room

-Very clean and new hotel with modern furnishings and what you typically expect for a "branded" hotel
-Shuttle for us came within 30 mins and were easily contactable by phone via information desk at the airport
-Close to the airport but as there are many terminals, it can appear "far"
-Hotel isn't close to anything so should only be used if staying overnight to catch another flight
-Hotel food was well priced with decent servings
-Hotel provided shuttle service to airport every hour
-Staff were very friendly and helpful

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

With best regards,

Been to Crowne Plaza Madrid Airport? Share your experiences!