“Deceiving menu” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Arroz Y Arroz - CLOSED

Arroz Y Arroz
C. Ibiza 25, Madrid, Spain (Retiro)
34 315 738 646
Website
Improve this listing
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Retiro
“Deceiving menu”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

I went with a friend to this restaurant and we decided to do a lunch especial that was on a huge deceiving poster that said 19.95€, 2 people in parenthesis. That meant apparently per person, therefore 40€ total!
Horrible attitude from the waiter, “you should have read it", he said... I said no were in the poster says per person...his answer “Sorry...!"
The food wasn't that great and overpriced!

Madrid, Spain
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I went last night with a friend. For 20€ each, we had a ton of tapas, a huge paella, dessert and a bottle of wine. I've been in Madrid for a while and it was definitely one of the best paellas I've ever had! I highly recommend it, and they'll see me there soon :)

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brussels, Belgium
“Not bad, but not very good, either”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

The place is confortable, the staff is extremely friendly.
The tapas before the rice were very abundant and varied.
The rice was just ok. We ordered a " black rice" which was ok, and a " paella mixta" with just a few pieces of chicken and some small shrimps.
The price, a glass of wine and coffee included, was €23 per person.
Not impresive.

West Lafayette, Indiana
“Extremely salty food and mediocre to good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

In spite of reading the reviews that had already declared the restaurant rather average, I took visiting friends and relatives to eat there their first night in Madrid. I have to agree with most of the other reviewers: the food is nothing spectacular, but the staff is wonderful. The wait staff was amazingly accommodating and kind. When the waiter realized that among us was one who ate only fish, chicken and vegetables and was allergic to fish, and another one who would not eat paella with only chicken and vegetables, or if it contained fish, he proposed making one smaller dish for the member of the party who could not eat shellfish and did not charge us any more than what we would've been charged for having eaten just one dish. While that was very kind, and unnecessary, the food was subpar. Both dishes were extremely salty. And the seasoning, perhaps bouillon(?) was so overpowering that you could not enjoy the other flavors of the food. I was very disappointed. While the salty food is enough to keep me away for good, I need also mention that the atmosphere was not very pleasant. As we were one of the first dinner parties to arrive, we were privy to some of the pre-service conversations between what I believe may have been the owner and/or the management. And, initially, my guests and I felt neglected because, though we arrived on time for our reservation, the staff was shocked when we entered the establishment and admitted they were not ready for us, though they did admit to having received the reservation. We sat patiently, as asked, while they prepared a table, though we never sactually draw anyone do anything, But, soon after we arrived another party came in and was immediately seated and served appetizers and drinks, while we sat at the first table available to us, with no silverware, tablecloth, nor dishes of any kind, and without being visited by anyone even to offer us drinks. During that 30 minute wait, I sat nervously, trying to decide what would be my best course of action: bring the neglect to the attention of the three people working there in the front or to walk out angrily. Eventually, a member of the wait staff appeared from the back and moved us to another table next to the door, but from there, he immediately gave us service bend reproach. As much as I was pleased with the service I received eventually, I will not be returning to this restaurant and I would not recommend it to others.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Gluten free options and comrades a plus”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

while nothing about the food was exciting or incredible, everything was served with such hospitality it made up for any shortcomings. we did a prix fixe menu for two and everything was served with a smile and warmth (including gluten free bread especially for me). i give an extra star for trying so hard...

• Visited November 2011