“Good dancing disapointing food” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Torres Bermejas

Torres Bermejas
Mesonero Romanos, 11, 28013 Madrid, Spain (Centro)
+34 91 532 33 22
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,587 of 6,814 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Centro
Description: Flamenco “Tablao” located in the heart of Madrid, near Plaza Callao and Gran Via, the customer will enjoy a magnificent today’s flamenco show as well as its avant-garde cuisine without forgetting the origins of our Spanish cuisine. Another special attraction is the decor, as it is a reproduction of the Alhambra in Granada, which makes it a unique beauty restaurant in Madrid. Torres Bermejas is often visited by all kinds of national and international personalities.
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
“Good dancing disapointing food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The dancing was great , the food while tasty was not worth the price. We were disapointed when dessert showed up, as it turned out to be canned fruit cocktail and no coffee was offered.

My advice is to eat somewhere else and just pay for the show and a drink.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Federico E, Director Comercial at Torres Bermejas, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Friend,

Thank you very much for your review of our show. We regret to think that the food was expensive for the quality offered, but we're not a normal restaurant, the price charged is including the show (20 artists).
Forgive our waiter if he forgot to ask if they wanted coffee, we will take action.

We hope to serve you better in next time.

• Turkish first
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“"just give me your 37,00 euros sucker"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We wanted to take my elderly mother to see a Flamenco show in Madrid. We didn't have reservations, so we walked in and asked how much it would be to watch the show and if we could get in? The Maitre'D Fernando was very unclear on what the offering was whether it was just a show or dinner/show even though I speak fluent Spanish and asked him. He directed us to a window with a menu that you could barely make out what read. We were also told to wait outside the establishment even though there was plenty of room inside the lobby area. I asked Fernando when the next show was, he told me to come back at 10:45pm and he would get us in. So we did. Big mistake! We should have gone elsewhere. The place was full with150 people tour group and the dancers that were done dancing were outside smoking cigarettes eyeing people up and down, they where clearly not happy to be there and voiced this in front of the patrons. Why? They knew they were going to give another show. There were more people coming in and asking how much and if they could stay for the show. They were told to wait next to us, with no idea what they were expecting. By the way, taking into consideration those with reservations and walk-ins after us, we were the last party to be let in and seated.
We finally were let in and sat down (at no time were we asked if we were there for just the drink or if we were going to have dinner with the show). We were sat in a back corner while others were seated in prime center-front seating and finally a waiter showed up. He asked us "what do I get you to drink"? I asked him if he had a menu? He told us that we were there for a drink. What? I asked him if we could sit closer to the stage there was plenty of room? NO, not if we were there for just a drink. Oh and by the way, the tour guide with her small party of 10 had a better seat plus a drink, than us paying patrons. So I asked him if we got dinner a la carte if we could move closer to the stage, there was only about 50 people there and there was plenty of room. NO, (again) that was our table. I asked to speak to the owner, that was there, when I did, he seemed uninterested with us. He was entertaining some big wigs he wanted to impress and had no time to deal with us patrons. That's when I should've left. The place is beautiful, my mom asked me to stay pay the 37,00euros for the show and a drink. It was late and mama was enchanted with how beautiful the place is. So I sucked it up and braced myself for whatever came for 37,00euros. I guess it's just the luck of the draw where you are seated, we just drew the short straw.
The show consisted of two guitarists, two singers and three dancers that came out separately. We were promised at least an hour show. Ha! More like a half-assed show for 40 minutes. Every one looked around at the end like if they were expecting more. That's when know, you just got fleeced.
Did I also mention I'm Cuban and speak fluent spanish. I could understand all the underhanded remarks I heard from the help staff about all of patrons coming in and staying for the show.
This could have been such a great experience, but they fell short, very very short for 37,00euros a head. At least give me the full hour entertainment. Go elsewhere - not impressed.
One more thing. The first time I went to Spain we went to the Cafe de las Chinitas and we had dinner and a show and I really enjoyed it. We had four or five guitarists, three to four singers, single dancers, pairs (female and male) and group dancers. We also enjoyed one of the best dancers we have ever seen, Pepa Carrasco. That even at a later stage in her career she could dance circles around any of the performers we saw at this establishment. The second time we went to Spain with our son, he wanted to see a flamenco show, we went to Cardamomo and for 20euros got a drink and a show. We also had a special treat for those 20euros, the featured dancer is one of the best flamenco dancers in the world, Belen Lopez. Money well spent both times. But not this time.
I love flamenco and visit establishments in South Florida that bring acts from Spain to perform and have seen plenty of flamenco to know when I got a half-assed show. I don't care how many pictures they have of the Spain's king and dignitaries, if they don't take care of the regular schmuck that goes and is willing to put down his money, they will close.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear Mike,

We deeply regret your bad experience in our tablao. The problem come without reservation is that there is often no space available, so I did wait until 22:45 pm which was the time that they left some customers.

We do not select customers for us all the same, and so laying on tables is not a whim of the head waiter, but to organize prior reservations and make room for the people who made ​​reservations early. I regret that the site did not like, but now it was not possible changing their site.

Regarding our show, we start every day at 21:30 pm, ending at 01:30 h. Do not understand how he says the show did not last long, maybe you came too late and was unable to enjoy it all.

Thank you very much for your input, try that your case will not happen again, I convey our apologies if her mother was uncomfortable sometime.

hope to serve you better in next time.
Fort Worth, Texas
“Very Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Only 2 of the flamenco dancers could really dance. Food was decent and not exactly cheap. The male flamenco dancer was a little over the top. Not a terrible experience but definitely not a great one.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dear Sir,

we appreciate your opinion. We are working to improve the perception people have of us.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Flamenco!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

It was our first Flamenco experience!!!! Wow!! It was amazing! We did not have dinner, after seeing all the reviews, we opted only for drinks. The dance was great, graceful and passionate. The place was full with tourists, organized tours I assume, which come 23:00, they all got back to their hotels, which left the place for us!! As I mentioned it was my first flamenco experience, therefore I wouldn't be able to compare.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear Didierff

We are very happy that their first experience of Flamenco in Madrid has been with us, you chose the best place in Madrid (the cathedral of flamenco). It's a shame not to taste our kitchen, and we have changed the letter several months ago and have improved 100% in both the quality and preparation.
We hope in a future occasion to return to enjoy our show and our cuisine.
Thank you very much for your criticism.

“Rip-off”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

This was a recommendation from our hotel which I was a little sceptical about since the reviews were so mixed. The dancing was quite good but some of the dancers were almost comical especially one chap who was totally over the top. The people around us were quite noisy and there were about 100 people packed into a very small room. The price was quite steep at ?44 each including a drink. We had four more drinks at ?8.20 per drink which was extortionate. They were small glasses of beer, and the wine was very poor quality The service was good but overall I don't have a positive feeling about the experience.

Dear Sir,

I regret that your opinion is not good about us.
That boy you laughs saying it was almost comical, is one of the best flamenco dancers in Spain and worked here for many years. I understand that you have not seen a lot of flamenco and not know that much of the art of the dance is "feeling" .. I think you did not understand what this art.

Regarding people making noise in the room, it is normal, as this is not a theater, but a Flamenco Show serving dinner and drinks and people have to speak logically. There are other options, which are not a tablao, and dinner at an average restaurant and then see a flamenco show in a theater, so they can enjoy the silence.

Regarding prices, we have little to say, as the price of beer is for a 33cl glass (seems expensive for a 4-star restaurant?) Of wine I can not say anything about tastes there is no defense possible.