“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I got this hotel fairly inexpensively so was not sure what to expect but it was absolutely wonderful. I had a terrible day and had my wallet taken on the Barcelona Metro and did not get in until close to 10:00 PM and all I wanted to do was sleep. They checked me in quickly and made sure I had everything I needed and told me what time to be ready for the metro in the morning. This is a fantastic hotel with very professional staff if you just need somewhere to stay overnight from the airport. Nice little fitness room as well.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel, taken out of a hat, proved to be first class. The shuttle bus was a little slow in coming but that apart, I could find no fault with the hotel. The desk were most helpful. the rooms were modern and spotlessly clean. The marble showeroom was a delight. The buffet Dinner and Breakfast had a wide range of varying food, and plenty of it. I can not praise this hotel high enough.

Room Tip: I can not add to what I have said before. I booked this hotel, late, but I have no complaints about...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed here with my husband on the night before my flight back to London in September 2013. On the outside it looks a bit like a warehouse with cladding, but it is fantastic on the inside so do not be put off. The staff are helpful and cheerful, both the public areas and the room were comfortable and stylish, the breakfast was unbelievably good and there was free parking. I arrived too late to want to use the pool but the garden and pool looked very inviting. Being so close to the airport you could not ask for anything more.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stay 3 night for travel to Segovia, Toledo and Madrid. There offer free shuttle to Madrid during Saturday and Sunday. Room was very clean and comfort. Breakfast was very various and yummy. Staff were helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Underground parking was very difficult, drive carefully
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Nuevo Boston on July 30, 2013 after checking the reviews on Trip Advisor as I had an early flight back to Chicago the next morning. It is definitely an excellent choice if you have a flight out of Madrid Barajas the next day as they have a free shuttle to the airport and it’s directly across from the airport.

Upon check-in I asked about the shuttle and they just told me to be out in the lobby shortly before the top of the hour (as the shuttle runs every hour) and there would be no problem to catch it (and there wasn’t). The front staff I also found to be pleasant and helpful and spoke English just fine.

The hotel itself is very modern and clean – luckily my room was on the first floor so I didn’t have far to go. The room was also very clean and stylish, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom full of all the amenities you could think of or need (hairdryer) with plenty of towels (and an wonderful shower).

We had dinner in their restaurant that evening and it was wonderful. They have a buffet with just about everything you could think of, chicken, fish, beef, ham, soups, breads, pastas, things for both grown-ups with a finicky palate and for kids alike. The waiter whose name I regret not taking note of recommended a wonderful Rioja wine for us with dinner and it was excellent. The best part of dinner for me was the gazpacho, unbelievably flavorful like nothing I’ve had before. All in all, the food at the restaurant was excellent and the ambience was pleasing as well. I was up and gone before breakfast so I can’t speak for the breakfast buffet.

Things to take note of –
1) The fridge in the room is stocked full of yummy things to drink, beer, wine, water, soda/soft drinks, BUT DO NOT PARTAKE unless you want a hefty charge added to your room bill. I knew this going in, so I didn’t drink anything out of their fridge, so be aware, if you take or drink anything out of their little refrigerator, you WILL be charged for it.
2) The air conditioning did work, but it’s somewhat sub par for the conditions. It was between 95-100 degrees Fahrenheit in Madrid and I had the air on high the entire time and it still was not quite efficient to keep it cool enough for my standards.
3) The internet – they do have free wi-fi, but it isn’t the most consistent. I was able to use it okay, but if I were a businessperson staying a whole week, it would definitely be a problem. Also, they give you a card with the wi-fi access information but take note – it’s only good for use with ONE device. I had a laptop, iPad & iPhone with me and I could only use it on ONE device, the code will not work on multiple devices – that sucked.

Those are the only minor complaints I had - overall my stay was very good and I would not hesitate to stay there again or recommend it to anyone who needs to stay overnight for an early flight out of Madrid. I have a few pictures of the lounge/dining area included with my review.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Altea, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Very convenient location for travelers coming or going by air, but also for Madrid tourists as the hotel has shuttle services both to the airport and to Madrid. Public transport is closeby, anyway.
Rooms are adequate, in every respect. To be improved are small, but to some important, things, such as:
- Bedroom doors shut with a loud noise that will wake others. In a hotel where people get up at 4 or 5 to get to the airport, this can be really disturbing your rest
- Breakfast serves horrible coffee from a machine, really watery and awful. Moreover, the food does not contain many healthier options, such as brown bread or cereals, or natural juices. Lots of other things that will up your cholesterol.

Reception staff is professional and willing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
La Coruna, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We booked this hotel because we wanted to sleep in Madrid near to the airport for an important flight we had to pick up the next day. We were a big group of 16 people and we all very happy with having choosen this place. We booked it thourgh its website because of a very good deal. They also have free transfer to/from the airport which is very good as well. We phoned them when we arrived to the Madrid airport and at the check in, we booked our transfer for the next day. They are very organized in this sense, not as others hotels in the area in which I stayed before.

Being a hotel near to Barajas is great to stay there: it has a nice pool, deck chairs and a garden terrace with several tables to stay there during the evening after having dinner.

The room in itself was modern, clean and functional: just what we all were looking for.

There is a mall 15 minutes walking that has stores, a supermarket and several restaurants. We did dinner in one of them that evening.

The day after we went to have breakfast but we confused the different hours to have it between weekends and weekdays and when we arrived there was anything. We told this to the waiters there and they gave us coffee, orange juice, croissants, muffins and buscuits at the counter, which we appreciated a lot. It was a great touch!

All in all we really recommend this hotel and yes, I would return here if I have to pick up a flight next morning.

Room Tip: Paying an extra you will have a room overlooking the garden (terrace and pool area). You will avoid...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Nuevo Boston? Share your experiences!