“Great value, tasty tapas and generous portions!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Malaspina

Malaspina
Calle de Cadiz, 9, 28012 Madrid, Spain (Centro)
91 523 40 24
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Centro
London, United Kingdom
“Great value, tasty tapas and generous portions!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have visited this place several times now whilst living in Madrid and it is great for a quick tapas or drinks with friends! Tucked away in Sol (up the street where Topshop is), friendly staff, huge portions, fresh and good quality food and excellent Sangria (you can get a "jarra" (jug) which is huge for just 10 euros) - more than enough for 5 people sharing!

The bill is always cheap, I never pay more than 10 euros (when splitting the bill with friends) for shared tapas and sangria! Love this little find, highly recommend!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Greek first
  • Polish first
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

The tapas here are huge. We had the croquettes (an order includes 8) and the malaspina (huge slice of bread with tomato spread topped with a ton of ham and cheese). These two were enough for my wife and I. We also saw potatoes bravas- largest serving I have ever seen. The food was really good, we just wish we got to try more of it. These tapas are probably best when shared by 4 to make it a true tapas meal. The sangria was ok-large pitcher but very week. All in all, a good meal with great value-whole bill was less than 25 euros.

• Visited August 2013
Miami Beach, FL
“Great atmosphere and value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Solo traveller, came here for dinner tonight. I was made so welcome, my waiter could not have been more attentive. I had a plate of ham which was delicious and papas bravas mixed with apapas with garlic sauce. Huge portions. Three glasses of the house wine and the billl was around 15 euros. Oh and an after dinner drink on the house. I'll be back, this was a recommendation from my hotel, Hostal Madrid, and I'm happy they told me about it.

• Visited September 2013
“Great place and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere is really good. Young people. Good food and Very good service. I will visit that place again.

“My favorite! Huge tapas and very inexpensive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

This place was awesome! We ended up going twice during our 3 nights in Madrid. The portions were huge for tapas (we shared two dishes for two people). My favorite was the patatas bravas and the malaspina. And at between €3 and €8 a dish, it was extremely inexpensive for a ton of food. They have us complimentary bread and little appetizer, and sangria was only €2. Our second night there out server was awesome and have us a complementary dessert shot after our meal. At €7-9 for a drink and a large meal, this place is hard to beat!!

• Visited August 2013