“Fabulous Dinner!” 5 of 5 stars

+34 915 59 09 39
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
El Club Allard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 6,834 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Contemporary, Eclectic, Fusion
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Highland, Maryland
“Fabulous Dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant location is in a corner historic building were no signs are allowed. Inside, the restaurant's decor and lighting are just perfect. There are three prix fixe dinner options printed on edible paper. After you order, a nice creamy peanut sauce is presented so you can eat your menu. At that point you now you are in for a treat. We chose the middle prix fixe option which comprises of twelve dishes including appetizers and desserts. My favorites were the fried soft shell crabs, three small crabs that tasted amazing and were beautifully presented; another favorite was the egg-inside-pastry with pancetta; the lubina fish and lamb dishes were perfectly cooked. The menu is inventive and the waiter did a great job presenting and explaining each dish. At the end, Meri Marte, the Dominican-born chef that took over this restaurant in 2013, came to our table. A very nice touch to cap a memorable night. Assume €150 pp.

Visited February 2014

• Korean first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fun, surprising and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Faultless! I don't want to say too much and spoil the surprise for others but this was one of the most amazing meals I've had. I enjoyed every morsel and loved the imaginative and playful presentation.

We had the shortest menu as it was lunchtime - the Rendevouz includes 2 appetisers, 7 courses and the most beautifully served petit fours I have ever had. The courses are dainty but we didn't leave feeling hungry. The meal took around 2 1/2 hours and was a wonderful experience overall.

An additional thing which impressed me was that although they kept topping us up with wine, they weren't heavy handed and our aperitif and bottle of wine lasted the meal. Plenty other places would have pushed to sell us the second bottle. The whole thing was a joy and next visit to Madrid, the first thing I will do is book a table, ideally for dinner next time.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Oh it is it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

One of the best meals I’ve ever tasted. Everything is nice, beautiful, and astounding. A very modern and creative kitchen, spectacular and artistic look dishes, knowledgeable, and attentive waiters.
Every courses were presented wonderfully and the desserts are phenomenal. You can find bowls, wood things, kind of plates and so on, and some work of art kind thing or something different that you might expected on, or in them. Than you can eat it. The egg dessert is magnificent! This is a cruise in wonderland.
Should not miss it if you might do it!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Warsaw, Poland
“More food "show" than food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Reading all the previous posts about restaurant I was very excited going there with company collegues. Unique place, amazing food experience, absolutely awesome that's only few words we heard from our spanish friends.

My I have been expecting too much or that was not the best day of restaurant team although I am bit disepointed. And I will split my evaluation into two separate parts:

1. food show - the way dishes were served
2. taste

food show - absolutly worth to see. Each dish is masterpiece. The way it is served is realy awesome. For sure worth to see and pay.
"Funtastic" dessert called egg is something you will remeber till death. You will not be sure if you eat real egg or made by confectioner.

taste - hmmm. I visited many restaurants and taste was just average scored.
My friends said more or less the same.

And last but not least - portion are small. too small to fill your stomach. So do not go there very hungry. Many of my friends after dinner in club allard went for another one…..

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bucharest, Romania
“The best dinner ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I've had previous experiences in several Michelin starred restaurants, which I consider better in terms of service, maybe even taste. But none of those can match the high-class presentation and creativeness of Club Allard dishes. We had the Seduction menu, 13 different plates, paired with 5 wines, incredible night out. By far, the most spectacular dishes were the deserts, Poche Egg and the Fishbowl, plus the smoking Buddha in the end. Make reservation in advance and expect a flawless dinner!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere