“Best Italian in Gib” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 122 Restaurants in Gibraltar
“Best Italian in Gib”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Usually eat here twice a month and never had any issues with the food or the staff. Totally recommend this restaurant to everyone.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Gibraltar
“Best Italian Restaurant in Gib..good value, nice varied menu..highly recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Tasty food, good value for money! Friendly waiters..only complaint is no air con, and it is quite warm in Gibraltar in the summer, otherwise highly recommended

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wiltshire
“Fine Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is an October edit (to correct typos) of a review originally submitted on 17 July 2012.

Whilst I am a regular, but infrequent, visitor to Gibraltar, my daughter and son-in-law are locals and reckon to have eaten at 4 Stagioni about a dozen times. Indeed, they will be there again later this week (July 2012) for a friend's birthday celebration.

So, on my first visit and having spent quite a bit of my working life in Italy, I reckon it would be hard to beat this place. Our meals were two kids' penne Bolognese, a freshly made tagliatelli Bolognese, spaghetti vongole, Caprese salad and garlic bread. Couldn't fault the food on offer. The service was, perhaps, a bit slow but that suited me - more time for the vino!

Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sotogrande, Spain
“A surprise gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We arrived at this restaurant after finding the reviews on Trip Advisor. Good restaurants can be hard to find in Gib. This restaurant had a really nice nighbourhood feel to it. All localls and away from the hustle and bustle of casemates and the marina.

The food was fantastic. My pizza way perfectly cooked (thin crispy base) and my partner had ravioli with sage, the pasta was home made and truly the best pasta we have had for a very long time.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Yorkshire
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I have eaten many times here, usually with family and have usually had very nice food.
When I went recently however, the owner was away and the quality slipped alarmingly.
Service started off friendly enough, but they lost interest after they emptied my wineglass into my lap & we were mostly left to our own devices. It was well over an hour after our main course before anyone though to clear our plates & enquire about dessert.
There were kind enough to replace the spilt wine, although they did charge me the full amount for the bottle, which annoyed me.
The food was very bland, apart from the carpaccio starter which was delicious.
My wife had a langostine risotto which was flavourless and I had pasta which was very overcooked and stuck together. The sauce was pleasant, but the pasta spoiled it. Our friends had similarly uninspiring dishes.
I have only ever left a restaurant twice without leaving a tip, and this occasion was one of them.
In fairness the food here can be very nice, but do check that the owner is in as he seems to keep a much closer eye on the quality of the food leaving the kitchen.

• Visited September 2012