“my regular visit.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Queen's Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gibraltar
Queen's Hotel
You added Queen's Hotel to your Saves list
1 Boyd St., Gibraltar   |
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Gibraltar
Norwich, United Kingdom
“my regular visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I've been going to this hotel since 1988, And I can honestly say that it's one of the friendliest places I know of, in the evenings I'll have a drink with the lovely Ala who runs the hotel bar, chat with Muhammed who is the night porter and wake up refreshed the following morning and be served breakfast by Maria and José. I know their names because they're what make the hotel special! it's always a clean hotel and there is more than enough free parking across the road!

Room Tip: the lift is small so only two people at a time can use it1
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Cabo Roig, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Not sure what to write about Queens. As already stated in earlier reviews this hotel is in a very much need for an upgrade. normally I prefer to stay in older hotels with their own "souls" but I think the soul has already left this hotel. Compare to location, Gibraltar, and standard, I also found the hotel to be pretty expensive.
On the plus side is the location of the Hotel, close to the cable cars and the main street. Also a short walk to the restaurants at Queensway Marina.
The breakfast was ok if you prefer English style breakfast. We also like the beds that suit us well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Gibraltar hotels

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

The reviews of this hotel were scathing. Still, I needed a hotel and this one was available last minute. The rate was better than I expected for a same day booking. The front desk staff was very friendly and very helpful, despite what had been written in other reviews. My room was of nice size, dated, but more than adequate. The bed was comfortable, the air conditioner and tv worked fine. The restaurant was fine. I stayed for two nights. The only issue I encountered was the morning I checked out. There was no hot water (which I'd read about in other reviews). All in all, better than I expected. I'd probably stay here again.

Room Tip: I have no good tips. I liked my room, but I don't remember which room it was.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

A nice friendly welcome.

Yes the carpet on the stairway is a bit threadbare and the room have bathrooms that need modernisation. But the Rock needs a budget hotel for working folk like myself and this fading lady hits the mark on that score.

My room had a nice balcony with a view towards the cable car. The location is great; right at the end of Main Street.

Gibraltar Government, please don't close the place. Spend a little money on it instead.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Cordoba, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Queens Hotel is a little dated, but I prefer to look at it as "Old World Charm".
I've stayed in 4Star and I've staying in budget on Gibraltar - the Queens is the middle man.
Good facilities without the luxury (or the cost).
Rooms are a good size and kept very clean. Breakfast is full English or a combination of your choice (beans on toast, tomato on toast etc) bar is welcoming and staff cheerful, helpful and friendly.
Staying on Gibraltar is not cheap, there are not many hotels, but I would recommend the Queens for a middle range, value for money stay. It will be my first choice in the future (I visit Gibraltar every 3 -6 months for a stress relief break from a busy Spanish life).

Room Tip: There are steps to many rooms and the lift is small, discuss any mobility limitations when you book.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Cartagena, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

The only good thing about the Queens was the helpfulness and friendlyness of the staff. The rooms (2 booked) were dated and very musty smelling! and in very poor repair ie: wardrobe doors and shower screen. On the plus side our bed was comfy! The choice of breakfast was limited, no cereals or fruit, egg and bacon swimming in fat! With weak coffee, although on the 2 nd morning Iasked for scrambled eggs only and they were delicious! It was a nice touch that cava was sent up to our room on our return from getting married:-) But on the whole very dissapoined

• Stayed November 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We have just returned from a three night stay at this hotel. As other reviews have stated it is a bit outdated but this justs adds to its charm. The hotel was very clean and the rooms were comfortable, the breakfast was good and plentiful. All the staff were pleasant and helpful.
Our room had a balcony with a view of the sea which was very nice,
This hotel was central to most attractions and main street, the cable car was about a 2minute walk away.
We had a very enjoyable stay and should we return to gibralta, which we probably will, we would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Queen's Hotel? Share your experiences!