“Ideal location and a bit of a change!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Con Dios

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gibraltar
Con Dios
You added Con Dios to your Saves list
Marina Bay, PO Box 80, Gibraltar GX11 1AA   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Gibraltar B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cornwall
“Ideal location and a bit of a change!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

If you have never slept on a boat, and when I say boat I don't mean cruise liner, it will be a new experience and one to consider carefully as it might no be for everyone. It is not a floating hotel nor is any small cruser boat really. It has constraints and everything is a bit tight here and there. For myself I have done this many times on various crusiers and yatchts and Con Dios was a great place to be...
Great hosts, pleasant and helpful without being in your face. Not too many rules!
Comfy bed and no trouble sleeping. Simple breakfast of cereals and tea/cofee with milk in a shared fridge. Loads of free information provided and advice if requested
Sun deck is great to watch the world go by or the setting sun, a Marina is a pleasant location especially if you like to dream of owning a super yacht.
The Marina complex has some great restaurants, really good food, we were impressed.
Con Dios has no showers, quite normal for this size of boat really but the free showers on the marina are just a few minutes walk away. The gents have just been refurbished and are really smart. the ladies were a work in progress as we left.
The newly built airport is walkable, about a mile I guess at the most and all on the flat but taxis are easily arranged. There is a Marina car park which was about £4/night. In the summer parking is I understand a real problem so don't bring a car unless you have too.
Gibraltar for us was a walking experience, we never used buses or taxis and Con Dios is a good location to do this. All that said the bus service looks good.
We would definetely come back to both Gibraltar and Con Dios anytime

Room Tip: We had the state room, I believe this is the largest room and the most expensive.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
LONDON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed in the State Room on Con Dios at the beginning of March for 2 nights. Jill and John were the welcoming hosts who were not in the least bit intrusive. There was a generous supply of tea and coffee in the room. The room itself was comfortable and cosy and had inventive storage area. There was no hot water in the room. The showers, which were along the marina, were under refurbishment and men could only go at certain times, and women at other times (timetable on the shower door). This was the only downside for us - it was completely outside the control of our hosts. Still, if we'd wanted luxury, we would have stayed in a hotel not on a boat. As I washed my hair in the sink, using a kettle for hot water, it took me back to the power cuts of the 1970's!
I particularly enjoyed sitting on deck with a glass of Vina Sol watching the sunset and admiring the view of the Rock of Gibraltar. The gentle rocking of the boat gave me my best nights sleep in ages (although I had had only 3 hours sleep the night before due to getting drunk at a gig and then having to get up at 330am to get to Gatwick - so that may have had something to do with it).
Access to the boat is by a narrow gangplank. I thought this might be a challenge after a night out but this posed us no problems. In fact it rather added to the excitement of it all, but would not be suitable for someone with mobility issues.
The marina is, as you would expect, full of bars and restaurants, so you don't have far to go for something to eat or drink. Casemates Square is a short walk, as is the Main shopping street, while the cable car that takes you up the Rock of Gibraltar is a longer - but flat - walk.
Highly recommended!

Room Tip: The State Room is by far the best room with its own toilet and sink
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed in the State Room on Con Dios and found the cabin spacious, clean and comfortable. Personal Towels, Tea & Coffee were provided as were cereals and milk for breakfast. However, several things surprised us and future visitors may like to be aware:

• Access to the boat was via a very wobbly gang plank (Passerelle) with nothing secure to hang on to.
• There was no running hot water for washing in our cabin
• Despite “No Smoking” signs, we were frequently aware of tobacco smoke

Despite this, we enjoyed our stay and felt Jill & John made us very welcome.

Orleans, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The novelty of sleeping on a yacht and its location at Marina Bay were the main points I chose Jill & John's home, the Con Dios, for our 3-night weekend stay (8-11 Feb 2013). We were instantly amazed at the feeling of luxury and adventure, from the size, comfort and coziness of the stateroom and the many amenities offered, such as: free WiFi , the cereal breakfast and shared fridge for any-time breakast, the collection of DVDs, but more importantly, the comfy bed, the view and its seating area from the upper deck and overall, Jill & John's warm welcome and helpfulness. Lucy the cat adopted them in 2007 and stayed, so it must be good!
The Stateroom includes a private toilet (called a "head") and a sink. The only inconvenience was having to use the Marina's (free) showers, a short walk away; but it was not a major one, as it completes the "adventure" part of our stay. At age 60, we're not quite as nimble as in our youth and we much preferred staying on this yacht over staying at yet another hotel/apartment on land; therein lies the novelty. The quietness of the area and the gentle rocking guaranteed a sound slumber away from the hustle and bustle of Gibraltar itself.
Worth a mention: Con Dios is within an easy 15-minute walk from La Linea too.
Go fot it, you won't regret the experience!

Room Tip: Book early to get the stateroom, the only one with a double bed!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights in the State room. It was bigger and nicer than it looked in the pictures on the website (not currently listed on TA, will try to add it but the website is http://www.gibraltarbedandbreakfast.com/condiosco). It was very cozy, small with a low ceiling (you are on a boat) but bigger than rooms in some hotels where we’ve stayed. And the bed was really comfortable. The room was spotlessly clean and lots of clever storage spaces to maximize the available room – and free coffee, tea and cereal (if you want a hot breakfast they can make it but there is an extra charge). The hosts were extremely friendly and helpful and along with their suggestions, there is also a lot of information about Gibraltar and southern Spain available on board. It’s in a great location – maybe a 10 minute walk from Casemates Square and along a marina with tons of bars, restaurants and shopping around (and a casino is close by). The sun deck has a lovely view of the Rock and the bay. A few notes, all coming from the fact that this is a BOAT and starting out by saying that we would not hesitate to stay here again!: The hallway is a bit narrow, so it could be difficult to maneuver large bags. We found the gentle rocking of the boat relaxing but if you are prone to motion sickness, it could be difficult to manage. The State room is in the back of the boat, and you board the boat from a ramp in the back, so you can hear people walking above and it was a little noisy for us in the morning (though we were waking up to sightsee anyway!). The ramp that you board on is a bit narrow, not unsafe, but make sure you hold the rope. And lastly, the door to our room did not lock from the outside but our hosts did have lockable areas (which we didn’t need to use because we didn’t feel like it was an issue). And it seems like there is always at least someone on board at all times. Again, these did not affect our enjoyment of the place at all – Jill and John really made us feel very welcome and they do an amazing job at making a boat feel like home for 2 land people 

Room Tip: The State room is definitely the biggest of all of them.
Kajang, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

2 nights in starboard room....
Jill & John are very warm and friendly
and their cat Lucy is so cute!

room is clean, well equipped!
and I sleep like a baby in a cradle!

This is totally a new experience for me, bed and breakfast on water!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Worcestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have just spent 4 nights on Con Dios and it is the best B+B I have ever stayed at. Clean, comfortable, cozy, welcoming, relaxing... the list is endless. I had the 'State Room' which is a double room. The room was bright and cheery and I found it very easy to sleep at night. In the morning I chose to take breakfast out on deck and it was great to sit and watch the world go by in Marina Bay/Ocean Village. Although being late November I did have to resort to donning coat and woolly hat due to the morning breeze (though this didn't spoil my 'alfresco' eggs and soldiers!)

Con Dios is within a few minutes walking distance to the centre of town. There is also plenty going on in the marina and surrounding Ocean Village. I must mention Jill and John who are really laid-back, easy-going, friendly and just really brilliant hosts. I'm definitely going back and sooner rather than later.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Con Dios? Share your experiences!