“5 stars hotel with service of a motel” 2 of 5 stars

Pazo Los Escudos Hotel and Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Atlantida 106, 36208 Vigo, Spain   |
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Vigo
Copenhagen, Denmark
“5 stars hotel with service of a motel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

I went with my wife to celebrate a wedding in Vigo and we decided to stay at the hotel to enjoy the location and a five starts hotel.
The hotel is is a very nice location, very beautiful buildings and nice garden... but:
- There was nobody at the reception to park our car, so we had to do it ourselfs
- My wife forgot her passport and they told her that she was not allowed to check in, at the end they accepted her insurance card, but I have to say that there were not very good manners
- We went to our room and a person came with us and explained all the services of the hotel, the room is nicely furnished. They told us that the minibar was for free, the problem is that in the mini bar there is not snacks, or alcohol, only soda and water...this would be fine for a cheaper hotel of less cathegory but not here
- Breakfast was VERY BAD, we had to wait 15 minutes to get coffe, no eggs, no pancakes poor assorment of food. for 16 eur we could have had a nicer and faster breakfast in a bar.
Overall we didn't feel a 5 starts treatment, very poor service and bad trained people

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
the netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

This is a 5 star hotel in all areas. The room was luxury design and decorated to high specification. The bed was big and very comfortable (2 ft * 2 ft) with beautiful bed linen, a large bathroom with Bulgari bath products, Bang & Olufsen electrical appliances, luxury garden furniture on the balcony etc. etc. We dined 2 evenings in the restaurant and the food was excellent. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Vigo. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2008

Back in 2006 I went to Vigo for a few days and I stayed at Pazo Los Escudos Hotel. When I arrived, I went to front desk and, while I was checking in, I noticed the very modern design and quality of all the lobby. Then I went to my room which was very luxury... Huge room, huge beds, huge bathroom (which was filled with Bulgary products like shampoo, soap, ...). The breakfast of the hotel was also excellent with a wide variety of foods and drinks. The hotel also has a great garden where one can go for a walk. The hotel is not in central Vigo but with a car one can arrive there fast (maybe 10 minutes away). Overall, I recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to stay a few days at a true 5 star hotel.

• Liked — The entire hotel
  • Disliked — Nothing...
  • Stayed April 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
West Yorkshire UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

Fantastic hotel, Well equipped luxurious rooms, we stayed in the "old" part but were not lucky enough to have a good view. Breakfast had a good selection of foods and we took it out on the terrace for the 2 days we stayed there. We also had 2 good meals in the hotel restaurant which we were told had a new chef and as hotel guests were given a 10% discount which we felt made it good value. The service throughout the hotel was attentive and friendly.

• Liked — luxuriousness of everything
  • Disliked — quite a distance from the town centre
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Kraków
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2008

My boyfriend and I spent two unforgettable weeks in this hotel. We were very relaxed and returned to Poland nice and refreshed, and awed by the delightful landscapes. We were amazed beyond our expectations with this hotel. We couldn't have been pleased enough from the professional service given to us by the hotel's staff (especially the cook who prepared the breakfast and buffet everyday). Also, surprisingly enough, the prices which covered all of these were not bad at all. We would strongly recomend room 306 where we stayed, it was very lovely and had an astonishing views of the river.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Eastern Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2008

It has been more than a year since I stayed at this hotel, but I just looked it up and thought it would be nice to have some english comments on the page. I will attempt to add some pictures as well if I can.

I stayed there during a business trip in October 2006 (for the Conxemar frozen fish food show). This hotel is one of the nicest I have ever been to. I was on business and the bill was taken care of by my boss so I will not comment on things like value or pricing other than I don't think I would have liked to have paid for it out of my own pocket.

The hotel is clean and the staff were very helpful. There was access to computers for internet use in the main lobby. The lobby restaurant had good food and the main restaurant was very high-class. Apparently the hotel complex is a converted mosque or something so the architecture and surrounding environment is something that cannot be experienced at every hotel.

The room was amazing. Very new looking and everything was of a high quality. There was some complimentary fruit waiting for me, a nice balcony with a beautiful view of the beach and water. The hotel is located right on the beach. The bathroom was immaculate with terrific amenities.

I don't know what else to say, my memory is fading....but I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Vigo.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Pazo Los Escudos Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!