“Brilliant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Tarragona, Spain
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Great food (rice dishes were amazing but I certainly recommend the antipasti claims, one of the best claims I ever had) at the right price. Menu is only in catalan, but the waiters are there to guide you through it. We also asked a bottle of white wine to the waiter and, instead of serving us an expensive one, they gave us the wine of the house which was very good and cheap. Quality of the food and respect to the customers: I strongly recommend this place.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London
“Great food...!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Exelent food, not cheap but worth it... :)
If i go back to Tarragona deft. I will go back there. Oh one bad thing is that the menu is only in catalan, nor spanish or english, but the waiter will help you with it, although would be easier for the costumers to have it in other languages :) thanks

Trento, Italy
“Excellent food, great atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

The food was excellent and the portions are very large. Their rice dishes are unique and amazing! I would highly recommend visiting Barquet during your stay in Tarragona.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Zurich, Switzerland
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

We tried Barquet on reco's from others on TripAdvisor, as we were finishing up a two week driving tour of Spain - Tarragona was one of the last stops. Our dinner at Barquet was one of the best meals we had in Spain and it would be a disappointment if you were in the area and you missed it. Friendly, knowledgable staff, fantastic food - from appetizers to desserts - and a great wine list. Do not miss is place!

Athens, Greece
“Exquisite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

After two business trips to Tarragona, I am convinced that it would take a considerable effort to have a bad meal in this city. Barquet was the culinary highlight of this trip, if not of my year. Friendly staff in a very well-designed space, served what was really an exquisite lunch. We shared a starter of "gambo", which is little shrimp in batter, light and airy with no hint of grease, so small that it is eaten whole, shell and all. Then we shared what I, tourist that I am, I would classify as "paella", though all dishes were described simply as "rice". We picked one that contained mussels and a creature that was somewhere between a prawn and a squid, but unidentifiable to me (it has hardly any meat, but contributes a fine taste of sea and fish to the rest of the dish). It was absolutely excellent. I could not praise the whole experience highly enough and enthusiastically urge anyone who visits Tarragona to have a meal at this restaurant.

• Visited November 2011