“Exquisite” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Athens, Greece
“Exquisite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

After two business trips to Tarragona, I am convinced that it would take a considerable effort to have a bad meal in this city. Barquet was the culinary highlight of this trip, if not of my year. Friendly staff in a very well-designed space, served what was really an exquisite lunch. We shared a starter of "gambo", which is little shrimp in batter, light and airy with no hint of grease, so small that it is eaten whole, shell and all. Then we shared what I, tourist that I am, I would classify as "paella", though all dishes were described simply as "rice". We picked one that contained mussels and a creature that was somewhere between a prawn and a squid, but unidentifiable to me (it has hardly any meat, but contributes a fine taste of sea and fish to the rest of the dish). It was absolutely excellent. I could not praise the whole experience highly enough and enthusiastically urge anyone who visits Tarragona to have a meal at this restaurant.

• Visited November 2011

sheffield
“Lovely restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Enjoyed lunch herre while visiting the Roman ruins - a perfect day.

The staff looked after us really well. The recommendations they made all turned out perfect.

Highly recommended!

• Visited July 2011
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Didn't quite fulfill expectations...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

The number one restaurant in Tarragona on Tripadvisor. This should be good. So I took my girlfriend out for dinner here and it was a bit....well, average. The decor is nice, although a bit too impersonal for my taste, but that's alright as long as the food is amazing. And it wasn't really. We had tapas which started of great with lovely mussels and tasty gambas, but every dish that was put on the table from then on seemed to be getting increasingly salty. I like my dishes highly flavoured but this was just a bit too much. I felt like finishing my glass of water after nearly every bite.

Two days later we had dinner a Palau el Baro in the old city. This restaurant currently ranks at number 6 on the Tripadvisor list for Tarragona restaurants, but our dinner at Palau el Baro was a far better experience. The decor was lovely, and the food there was truly amazing.

• Visited July 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sao Paulo, SP
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011 via mobile

Excellent experience, charming place, nice people reasonable prices and an outstanding rice, totally worth it, tks Trip Advisor for the tip.

stevenpetergrant
“Excellent excellent excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2010

Very very nice meal. highly recommend to try it out. We had the aubergine and monk fish rice which was excellent. I always like when you ask for a wine recommendation and the water suggests the house wine.