“excelente!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Mas la Boella

You added Hotel Mas la Boella to your Saves list
Hotel Mas la Boella
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Autovia Tarragona-Reus (T-11), Km. 12, 43110 Tarragona, Spain   |
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Tarragona
Saint Louis, Missouri
“excelente!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

great food, great wine and olive oil!!, friendly staff, and wonderful rooms. great hotel if you are in the Reus/Tarragona area! did not tour the vineyard or olive production areas, or do wine tasting since my stay was on business, but i am sure well worth it to arrange!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Lovely traditional hotel but not the place if your travelling alone unless you want isolation with piece & quiet to finish that novel you've been working through! Nice touches that include; excellent (free) WiFi, lovely breakfast, good quality toiletries, great large rooms and bathrooms. Very comfortable bed. Restaurant was closed (It was November) so be prepared to travel if needing something to eat as room service options were very limited. Overall would stay again but may be better if travelling with company or in the summer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Les Escaldes, Andorra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

producer of heavenly olive oil arbequenia
fine restaurant exelent hotel great and kind service a little paradice not to forget the wine card at resoable prices on our qay to the south of spain we always stop at la boella

• Stayed October 2012
Lausanne, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I like the concept of the place, called by management “rustic”; gravel pathway from the parking to the reception (gravel was getting into my open shoes and pulling my luggage was difficult), olive trees, old buildings, small water holes, beautiful and green palm garden, relative silence given that you can see highway from the main entrance. The cozy rooms have the necessary equipment; Wi-Fi (ask for a room where signal is easily available), plasma TV, small oil bottle offered as a gift, great bathroom (my suite no 10 had separate shower and toilet cabins, stylish glass sink, Bulgari shampoo and body cream).

I was staying in the hotel one night of August on business trip. Arriving at 20.00 I decided to have a swim and then dinner in the hotel restaurant. The swimming pool is small and “rustic” which means that water is slightly milky with various leaves and flowers floating on it. Hence, I skipped that part, even though the outside temperature was 32C and went straight for dinner. We took a choice of starters, which in particular for Iberic ham is good and comes in generous portions. The main dish was less good; the sea bass with Porcini mushrooms seem not to fit together, the mushrooms were giving to the fish an acid taste. At 22.00 we asked for a bill, we had to remind the waitress every 10 min that the bill did not arrive, finally we go it after 30 min. The waitress was very busy and visibly hardworking as she was serving probably 10 tables, the bill came from the “restaurant manager”, why so late? After the dinner I got finally to my room with the intention to work, I could connect but my colleague in suite no 11 was getting the network only around the bathroom area, not ideal for working late at night. The thermometer in my room was showing 29.6C (I assume it is internal temperature), but the air-conditioning system was set at 25C. However the temperature was not going down, I reset it at 21C, but in the morning I saw 28.4C, still not sure if inside or outside (?): the night was bearable but could have been cooler.

In the morning after a good bath I tried to use the hair dryer. Despite many buttons, including 3 options with thermometer drawn, I did not manage to get hot air to style my hair. I had a business meeting in the morning to which I showed up with hair “out of the swimming pool”. The first one at breakfast, I took my selection of yogurts, fruits and cold slices and was wondering why it is charged at EUR 19… Coffee was self-service and no one showed up for 20 minutes. When eventually I was asked about my choice of eggs cooked to my taste, I had finished my breakfast.

Coming back to my suite, after a short walk allowing me to admire small and lovely garden and listen to the doves, I tried to open the main door of the hotel section leading to my room, but my card was not active anymore. I passed to the reception, where girl quickly re-established my card saying I should not keep the card together with mobile (yes, both were in my bag).

We left with 10 min delay due to the vivid discussion with the receptionist on how to add company name and address without having NIF…

As a summary, I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the visual/decor work done in the property. It seemed to be ideal for business travelers because of its size and quietness; however the lack of management of both human and technical resources makes it discriminatory for this hotel. I do not recommend it to business travelers.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Brussels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is very close from the motorway and an airport and yet, one feels in the countryside, among the olive trees. The room are rather big and very comfortable. The style is cosy, elegant. The restaurant is good and stylish. A very good address overall,

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012 via mobile

Excellent hotel with very friendly and helpful staff! The room was impressive with great attention to detail! The breakfast was nice and again staff eager to please! The only downfall to our visit was the journey from Reus airport which is literally across the road cost 25 euros so I would advise people check with the taxi drivers first!

• Stayed April 2012
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

stayed one night on driving through spain would have loved to stay for 2 nights next time.
shame the pool was not heated would have loved a dip. Staff very professional. Had a beautiful meal but the desserts were more look than substance maybe we chose wrongly.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Mas la Boella? Share your experiences!