“nice place, good quality, fair price” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Barcelona
“nice place, good quality, fair price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

we discovered this place for a saturday-night dinner in march 2013
Very good menu, everything seems to be very fresh.
We choosed LUBINA an received a wonderful plate.
Go-try-enjoy

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Finest cooking in Sitges”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Perhaps the finest restaurant in Sitges. Top quality product with excellent cooking. This is the right place if you want to be sure that your meal is a success. Great location in Passeig de la Ribera, classical environment. They have reduced a little the wine list, probably to face hard times in the country, however, they keep the quality of the products to be the same as years ago with same and or cheaper prices. They have now a menu with at least 20 proposals for 25€ + drinks (some of the menu options have extra price). Service is attentive and knows the product thoroughly. Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“Nice experience but main course far too salty”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This meal was nearly perfect and would have been a special experience if the main course had not been so salty. The restaurant itself is quite posh, the service is very professional and you definitely feel like you are in an up-market establishment. My starter of scallops with sweet onion and potato puree was divine. My main course, a sea food and fish platter was nearly fantastic. The food itself was good excellently but it was so salty, it was quite hard to eat. My partner had the same and felt the same way. I can handle a fair amount of salt, but this was far too much. It is a shame, because if it wasn't for that, I would raving about this place.

Visited September 2012
Brighton
“Still the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Still probably one of the best restaurants in Sitges. Great location (air conditioning but no outside seating). Friendly, professional and knowledgeable staff. Excellent food, good wine. We were there for the Festa Major fireworks, and David allowed us to leave, watch the fireworks, and return for coffee. We return time after time and will continue to do so.. .

Visited August 2012
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Very bad service and poor value for money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Having eaten out in Sitges many times namely in Komokieras, eF and GI and Alfresco we decided to give El Velero a shot as last night of holiday.
On arrival nice surroundings and pleasant staff.
Meal and drinks ordered.
Bread was then brought out, nothing to accompany it.
Next Amuse Bouche, which in all fairness was lovely Gaspacho. My partner had ordered a Prawn Gaspacho as an entree which was tasteless and without substance.
The wine waiter was not attentive and would only refil glasses when asked.
Main courses of seafood platter was nice but this was no more than a child's sized portion, when ordering I was informed Monkfish was on the platter - this was not to be found.
X3 mussels, x1 tiny prawn, X1 Langoustine which I don't think could be any smaller or this should break fishing regulations, x1 tiny baby squid and finally 2 small pieces of hake. As the restaurant was described as good Catalunian food I was expecting a hearty meal and not Nouvelle Cuisine.
My partner ordered Tuna to be cooked medium, when it arrived it was grey and dull throughout, does anybody eat Tuna well done! This is a basic error not expected by any Chef! This plate was then returned. I continued to eat my child's portion and had completed my meal before my partners Tuna arrived.
We the had to request our wine glasses to be topped up once again, if this is the case then why not place the wine bucket close to the customer so he can refil at his leisure rather than either waiting or standing and walking around to get access to the wine.

The hostess of the restaurant could see that all was not in order but did nothing to rectify the situation.
On paying my bill of €122 (without deserts) I voiced my displeasure to what appeared to be the manager. His response to my points was that of OH IT'S JUST BECAUSE WE'RE BUSY TONIGHT.
I would have thought that a family business operating out of Sitges for a number of years would have expected Festival Major week to be busy and thus staffed the restaurant necessarily. Obviously not.
So in conclusion if you would like a Poorly Cooked, Meagre Portions, Poorly Staffed and Over Priced meal out in Sitges then get yourself to El Velero

• Visited August 2012