“Service with a smile and a replacement bottle of wine !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 288 Restaurants in Sitges
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Late Night
Description: Family restaurant opened in 1968. Specializing in paella, noodle, fish, seafood, meat Girona, and some homemade desserts and drinks.Located beachfront in a secluded and quiet area of ​​Sitges Closed for holidays from December 23 to January 23, 2014. Sorry for the inconvenience.Cerrado por Vacaciones del 23 de Diciembre al 23 de Enero. Disculpen las molestias
Nice, France
“Service with a smile and a replacement bottle of wine !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic location overlooking beautiful San Sebastien beach. No nonsense, no frills but simple and well cooked food. Seafood paella was excellent tasty not dry and perfectly cooked consistency. Service with a smile from our waiter and to top it off replaced the fine local bottle of Chardonnay that I accidentally knocked over, without charging me. We shall be back to try the cream catulunya over a coffee !

Visited April 2014

SofE
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The night we ate here we had part of the restaurant to ourselves but the did not distract from a great meal, we even played out own music!!! The food was very good, we all had soup to start and shared a paella which was really well made, very tasty. The highlight of the meal was the desert of Espuma de Crema Catalan, amazing, we don't normally have desert but this was so good we went back a few days later just to have one with a coffee!!!!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Barcelona, Spain
“disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

probably this is a good restaurant, but we ended up there in a very busy day. as a waitress myself, I've been patience and wait, wait, wait, wait.... one hour later (literally), tired of trying to catch someone's attention with no results and after seeing that all the tables sat ages after us were already eating, I went inside to speak to a manager. as she apologised and came immediately to take our order we decided to stay. even though I asked for still water but I got sparkling... patience again. my boyfriend asked for a second beer when we got our paella, but the beer never arrived. patience again. we didn't want to get in a bad moode and ruin our day off together, so we didn't complaint. BUT WHAT REALLY DISAPPOINTED ME WAS THAT WE HAVE BEEN CHARGED FOR THE ENTRA 1 EURO FOR THE ESPUMA DE CREMA CATALANA!!!!!!!
I mean, we took 2 menus and we spent 58 euros! after waiting one hour, calling the waiter (who was ignoring us) many times just to have a menu, we didn't get a good service at all (my boyfriend had paella and dessert without a drink). we have been calling the waitress who was serving the table next to us, 2 times, to have a menu and she kept ignoring us!!!
AND WE HAVE BEEN CHARGED THE 1 EURO!!!!!!
It would have been nice from them to offer us at least a coffee... wouldn't make any difference to them, but probably it would have change my opinion about the restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
costadoradasitges, Gerente at Restaurante Costa Dorada, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Good afternoon,

First, I want to apologize for what happened.

After 45 years of industry experience, we realize that ultimately the work is very different from all previous years. Now we are changing a number of things such as table not booked from 14:00 hours to avoid angry customers to see so many empty tables and there is no place for them.
There are a few things we want to improve.

In this case you are absolutely right, but it would be very important for us to grant us a second chance, and we feel bad when a customer is going mad. Especially because we are a family business and we take that very seriously.

We also recognize that due to comments from various sites such as Tripadvisor, whether positive or negative, help us to improve every day.

sincerely

Montse Bigaire
Manager
Barcelona, Spain
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We went there by chance in October and came back recently for another wonderful lunch: great seafood starters as well as excellent paella. In addition, Marcello the head waiter does a great job and showed impressive patience when faced with 6 adults and 8 kids who kept changing their mind about what to have. Don't miss the home-made desert: Espuma de crema catalan.
We will be back!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
UK (but living in Turkey)
“Lunch time menu :(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I don't often write a review if I think the menu was poor but I will today. San Sebastian is a BEAUTIFUL venue, with lots of restaurants to choose from. There are 4 which are very similar - Costa Dorada being one of them. Their lunchtime menu was more than the others so we thought we'd try it. We then found that 5 of the 11 main courses charge a supplement and 3 of the 5 puddings charge a supplement. The starters were unimaginative, and the only thing i fancied, mussels, was not available. The description of the main course we chose was:sea bass with garnish but it was 1 tiny fillet (HALF the fish) and chips, guessing the garnish was the tiny piece of parsely on top? I told the waiter it was my husband's birthday - so we'd take a bottle of wine rather than just the glass offered on the menu and he didn't even say 'Happy Birthday' At bill time, I was forgotten about and left with the machine and card. Deeply unimpressed and I won't be going back - I live here so it's a shame we didn't have the experience everyone else wrote about.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
costadoradasitges, Chef de Cocina at Restaurante Costa Dorada, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear Lady,

We want to apologize for what happened. We remember well the day that was, after reading your comments. We had a long weekend with Monday work and did not have some dishes such as mussels, and it is possible that the waiter forgot to tell some customers.

Also this day, the bass were small and we should have put two halves instead of one.

Maybe were several things and it touched to you and you really leave us hurting.

We would like to have another opportunity to see you again because it's always good to give a second chance. If you think that it will be posible, please ask for Joan Vidal (Chef) for a personal apology

Joan Vidal