“Food Good, service a let down” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 275 Restaurants in Sitges
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Food Good, service a let down”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant. It is not cheap and the portions are average, the quality however was good. The service was poor. When you walk in there is always someone around straight away to attend to your needs. When you are sat perusing the menu that's when the distinct lack of attentiveness shows. Once your bum is on the seat, it's all about the money. Shame really as the food was most enjoyable. The sparkling water tasted very salty, that is all I ever drink and I have never tasted it with salt in before, was told it is a Spanish brand and nothing can be done about it, needless to say I did not drink it, but of course was charged for it, I was also charged for the bread that came out after we had finished our meal. Slack service. I did complain regarding the water and bread, they did take it off the bill, that wasn't my point in the first place really, it should never have been added. Anyway, they were perfectly ok about removing it. The place is spotless and appeared to be very busy. My marking is for service and not for food.

Visited September 2013

London, United Kingdom
“A good solid restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

It's either a three plus or a four minus, so I settled on four. The menu is perhaps a bit predictable, but that's the only thing I can fault. The decor is attractive, the staff are efficient and the food is well executed. If you don't want to push the boat out, this is a good place to have an enjoyable evening meal.

Pleasing happenings no 1 - the lady serving us was VERY aristocratic looking. Felt quite special. No 2 - when across the road people kept turning up for what we told the kids must be a "fancy dress party". Devils, leather, and a generally rocky horror show vibe. Very Sitges!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
York, United Kingdom
“Bit of a let down....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Having read the good reviews about this place we decided to give it a try, especially after our last trip to Sitges when we couldn't get a table as they were always fully booked.
I have to say that yes while they offer a great value menu for only €15, the quality of the food let them down, as did the service. When we arrived the place was approx half full, the staff didn't acknowledge out arrival and waited some time before being offered drinks. Whilst the menu reads well, the food just didn't deliver. I had the lamb shank which tasted like mass produced boil in the bag stuff which I wasn't expecting. Will try it again when I return in September as all restaurants have off days and I know they can't please all the people all off the time!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Paris, France
“Excellent, affordable, creative, local”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service, creative cuisine with local favors, nice service. Booking better. For me the best in Sitges.

Visited August 2013
Whyteleafe, Surrey
“Excellent food and great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I'm slightly reluctant to add a review for this restaurant. The problem is that at the moment it is still possible to get a table - too many good reviews is bound to change this! The food is superb quality, there is a good selection on the menu and the prices are very reasonable indeed. Portion sizes are a little on the small side, but this is balanced with the prices allowing one to select an additional course.

This is a great restaurant, but please don't tell anybody!

Visited August 2013