“Excellent stay at Parrots” 5 of 5 stars

Parrots Sitges Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Joan Tarrida, 16, 08870 Sitges, Spain   |
Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Sitges
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent stay at Parrots”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Late entry. We stayed at Parrots for 4 nights in June. All the front desk staff were excellent especially Fabio.
The room was a double superior which a huge balcony. We could see a bit of the ocean. Bed good, room was a good size. Small fridge in room. You are given a complimentary bottle of cava and you can borrow beach towels and parasol with certain types of bookings.
Parrots is in the middle of everything but we didn't experience any noise from the bars outside. This may be cause of the position of our room.
The hotel restaurant was very good value for the set menu.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Wexford, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The hotels location is its best feature - you couldn't be anymore central. That's probably as good as it gets though. The twin room we had was tiny and I mean tiny !! There wasn't room for the 2 of us to do anything at the same time. The staff were helpful and friendly but breakfast was a bit confusing and as it was our first stay there no one was there to help or show you what's what. It does need updating badly and at €110 a night it's not cheap so should be better.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Carrollton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Sitges is a wonderful place to visit. If you are gay, this hotel is the best place to stay. It is in the middle of all the night life and if you get a room that faces the street, you can sit on the balcony and watch the world go by below.
Breakfast is included in the price, so that is a good deal.

Room Tip: Get a room that overlooks the street in the front.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Central location, the only saving grace. The reception staff attitude leaves a lot to be desired. On arrival we enquired what time we could checkin, just incase our room had been vacated early. I was given a sarcastic answer, "as I told you in the email 3 o'clock, just go to the beach". We left our cases and ventured out for a few hours. We returned at 2.30pm and sat in the foyer, the receptionist noticed us there, but did not acknowledge our presence. At about 14.50 I enquired if our room was ready. The receptionist said " hotel checkin is not until 3 o'clock", I said is the room ready, he looked and said, yes I can let you have it early. (10 minutes). I asked if he could explain the VIP package to me, that we had booked, but said we will have to do that when you next leave the hotel when I have made the cards. When we next left the hotel, I stopped at the reception and asked for the VIP cards, the next shift receptionist was on duty and was polite, but could not speak much english. He could not explain the VIP system to me, so therefore this would have been more appropriate if the earlier receptionist had run through all our questions. The room was tidy and clean. Some towels are past their best, thin or with holes. One afternoon, I was leaving the hotel at 2.30pm, half an hour before the end of housekeeping service time which ends at 3pm and advised a room attendant close by that I was vacating the room, I was sarcastically told that housekeeping finishes at 3pm, I explained it was only 2.30pm and she said "yes". The room had been serviced on my return. There was conflicting reports about the breakfast times, this was not displayed in the room information or restaurant. One morning we arrived right on closing and much of the buffet was removed. I asked if I could have some milk for the cereal and was spoken not very politely in Spanish and was reluctantly given milk. Every morning before breakfast I would have to wipe the table from previous guests, before I could sit down and eat. Much of the crockery is chipped and broken, I now understand why: Every morning I was awoken with the sound of crashing dishes, as the restaurant attendant washes the breakfast things. The coffee machine is confusing and often does not deliver the appropriate selection. Often things run out at breakfast and require prompting to replace. Often the very basics are missing like, plates, cutlery, cups and food items. When using the gym, I requested a towel, I was told to use from the room. I used the beach towels, that I had used earlier in the day for the beach, they were sandy and wet. When finished at the gym, I handed the towels back to the receptionist to exchange for clean ones. I was told " you will need to keep these for tomorrow" I explained no, as I had used them all day and the beach and had been forced to use them in the gym to keep the equipment clean from perspiration, they were now soiled and needed replacing. All in all, this property is not very serviced focused, that I would not recommend except for it's location.

Room Tip: Higher floors away from the noise
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Nice location, but a lot we were not satisfied with. Having just come back from Parrot Hotel. Before this holiday , we have had 11 years holiday in beautiful Sitges. We wanted this time to stay very central .
So about Parrots: The bathroom was dirty (special the tiles) and when we gave notice that we expected a clean bathroom , because we used to when we travelling, we were told " then you have to stay at Carlton in Barcelona ."
Breakfast was very basic .
We had to pay extra to replace beach towels .
The elevator was constantly busy.
We wanted a balcony facing the street. ( e - mail two months before) . We could get a balcony for 6 days and 5 days without. The guy in the reception told ut that vi could move rooms in the middle of the holiday. The balcony which we got ( which we had paid for) toward a backyard .

Parrots can be a very nice hotel, but needs a makeover in more ways than one way.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Ok guesthouse, the best possible location if you are gay nightcrawler. Rooms are small, smelly and dated though there was working wifi and exellent AC, also very clean room. Str8 friendly, huge plus for that. Breakfast ,. not my cup of tea..typical 2 star spanish continental,,pastries, white bread...nothing green at all. Gym very small but at least the eguipments were new and working. It`s ok for few nights if you like guesthouse consept, for longer vacations i recommend larger hotels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Brussels, Région De Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I came here two years ago and the service back then wasn't as good as I expected. But I decided to give this hotel a second chance and Im' very glad I did.

Even if the rooms are still the same (and maybe it's time for a refreshment) Hotel Parrots' service has definitely improved. Expect 1 pers. there's always someone behind the reception desk who's happy to help you . This hotel is located just 1 step away from all the gaybars and 2 steps from the beach.

The hotel has a sauna, a gym, nice terracces, a splendid restaurant (you should go there on Tuesday or Friday night for the dinner show) and next door to the hotel you'll find the best Moijito cocktails in Sitges!

The hotel staff provides you with a bottle of cava when you arrive and you get a bottle of water and a beach bag every day.

If you book on the website you receive a VIP Card which gives you reductions in most of all the bars. Only the wifi connection could be better (its depends on the room, but room 107 did not have a good connection).

If you are looking for a nice middle class hotel near the beach, where you can have fun and go out you'll probably love Parrots.

PS: The rooms with a balcony are much nicer than the ones without, keep that in mind when you book your room!

Room Tip: The rooms with a balcony are much nicer than the ones without, keep that in mind when you book your...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Parrots Sitges Hotel? Share your experiences!