“Nice hotel, friendly staff, quiet location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Los Globos

You added Hotel Los Globos to your Saves list
Hotel Los Globos
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carrer de la deu de Montserrat, 43, 08870 Sitges, Spain   |
Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Sitges
Thatcham, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel, friendly staff, quiet location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have just returned from 4 nights at the Los Globos, with no issues at all.
The staff were lovely, always cheery, always happy to help. Yes, the rooms look a little dated, but were clean, The bathrooms clean, a decent shower. The air con worked well too, and my room had a nice balcony overlooking the gardens.
The hotel is away from the centre of Sitges, in a quite residential area. It's lovely and quite. The only noise is from the other guests banging doors, or dragging furniture... but that isn't the hotels fault.
The breakfast was fine, plenty of choice, I had no issues with stale or soft products, as mentioned in other reviews. I took my breakfast at about 1030 everyday, and everything was fine.
Thanks for a lovely stay!
Oh and the parrot... Very annoying to begin with, but you get used to his whistling, and it made me smile in the end. Especially when it said 'Hola' to me, as I walked past to go on a night out!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed at Los Globos in Sitges at the end of a cruised and it was such a charming place we can't wait to go back. The common areas are charming and comfortable and the resident African Grey Parrot will welcome you and keep you company with his whitsles and chatter. The hosts were friendly and answered all our questions about the town and the beaches. The included-breakfast was quite a nice spread, including homemade pate, various breads and even croissants. I liked the mixed theme decor and the handy location to the beaches as well as the town center, enabling us to walk every where.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and it was handily provided.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Gibraltar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Great beds, and nice enough rooms!!! Stayed for 5 nights @ €130 a night!!

No wifi on second floor even though we complained it just didnt work!

Breakfast was aweful, set up night before, especially cereal in open bowls, cereals left overnight, with humidity where soft and disgusting in the morning!!! Choice of meats either ham or salami for bkfst!! And having bkfst at 10.30-11 most mornings i started to get annoyed at having to ask for things because they hadnt topped up!!'

Friendly staff!! Although i did find the young man uninterested, and when the owner asked him to do something he said NO am on my break, young man went into i have my rights routine in front of guests which i found uncalled for!!!

It was Sitges Bear Week, hotels Hike prices and take advantage of the pink pound!!! and do no offer value for money book in advance somewhere else for a better deal!!!

• Stayed September 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Rude male owner that couldn't bring himself to give a dam really. We may have caught him on a bad day, maybe. The rooms are what you might call shabby without the chic. Black furniture, always good for hiding anything. They may have given the walls a lick of paint and the tiles in the bathroom the same lick but if you are quite a cleanish sort of person I'm sorry but you just won't get on with this place.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

After previous years at the Sunway Golf Hotel and with disappointing customer service, we followed the advice of other reviewers on this site and booked this year at Los Globos.

It is indeed hard to fault the location, friendliness and, above all, the dedication of the small staff team for whom nothing is too much trouble.

We had a room on the second floor with a glimpse of the sea view but other rooms have private gardens and balconies overlooking the quaint residential road.

The Internet connection was very good and the breakfast buffet, generous and much appreciated every morning.

Really, we didn't want to leave. Thanks to everyone!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We have just returned after our 13th annual stay with Philippe, Roddi and staff.
As always we thoroughly enjoyed our 2 weeks in this friendly, welcoming and comfortable hotel. Staff cannot do enough to help you, rooms are clean, comfortable and the breakfasts are amazing.
On one of our recent trips we arrived at the hotel just 1 day after my Father's funeral. I was exhausted and feeling very emotional. Staff took time to talk and sit with me, and generally helped me to relax and unwind during a very difficult period
We have recommended the hotel to many of our friends who have all reported a happy stay.
We have already booked for our next trip - what more can I say ?.

• Stayed August 2013
Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was the third consecutive year my partner and I had booked to stay at Los Globos in Sitges. We liked it because of its location, and not much else. The two previous times we had stayed here we had to spend one night at another hotel because Los Globos itself was full, while this was often inconvenient it was tolerable. This year foolishly enough I thought that maybe after inconveniencing us in the past things might change. They didn’t. I had emailed asking if they had a room available for a few days in August, and was quickly informed that there was no room available, but instead was offered a 2 bedroom apartment for the same price (117 Euros per night), and was told it was 800 meters away from the hotel. The address provided on the attachment with the apartment description was in fact the Los Globos address and it didn’t occur to me to find out what the exact address of the apartment was. I somehow just assumed it would be located around the main hotel because breakfast was included in the price. We needed to check-in to the hotel to get the key for the apartment, and was informed that the apartment was located 15 minutes away from Los Globos, (1.2 kms according to google maps) in a residential area toward the north of Sitges away from the beach, restaurants and any life at all.

Once we were taken to the apartment by Philippe, the owner of Los Globos, we realize that the apartment was in fact not a private apartment, however it was a 4 bedroom apartment divided in 2. While our “apartment’ did have a private door, we did not have access to the living room, kitchen nor the AC console which was divided by a folding screen. While proudly showing us the apartment Philippe announced that the AC would be turned off at 10PM, to which we insisted the AC be kept on all night, he agreed. This is August in Spain Seriously!!! However when we got back late the first night after a night out, the AC was off, and in the dark I managed to find the AC console somewhere in the living room and turned it on. The next morning after trekking the 15 minutes to make it for the breakfast in Los Globos Philippe notified us that the woman sharing the apartment next to us had a sore throat because the AC was turned on. While I felt a bit bad, I didn’t really care because he had agreed that the AC would be kept on all night long. Thankfully the couple left the first day and the AC remained on after that.

While my partner and I both love Sitges, the location of the apartment put a dent in this trip. We just spent an unnecessary amount of time walking, to the beach, back from the beach, to dinner etc.. There is no worse feeling than lugging yourself to the back of beyond after a night out drinking. This review is not indicative of the rooms at Los Globos itself, or the friendly staff that works there, merely at the apartments which are falsely advertised. If we ever go back to Sitges again we will either find a nicer hotel or rent an apartment directly.. Fool me once shame on you…fool me twice…

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Los Globos? Share your experiences!