“Terramar” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Sitges
Hove, United Kingdom
“Terramar”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

Had to pay up front! If I had not I would have now been able to drive away! Big rooms devoid of anything but a bed! This should be two star at the moment not 4! No gym, no steam/ sauna. No pool care.. Lying staff! Avoid!!!!

• Stayed November 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Shevington, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2014

Why are so many people complaining about this place?
We stayed in the superior rooms with a mountain view. Rooms immaculate with fresh bedding , towels and shower gels etc changed daily.
Staff all very friendly from the managers down to the cleaners.
Good bar staff that don't stint on the measures so our evening nightcap's of brandy were very generous.
A very pleasant stay indeed until on our last morning, before we flew home at lunch time, when ze Germans arrived en force. I have never met a more ignorant set of people in my life.

If you are planning either a b&b or even an all inclusive break, you will not be disappointed with this lovely hotel. A local bus service runs every half an hour into the beautiful Sitges town for a couple of euro's

I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: For a few extra £ I would pay for a sea view as the view is beautiful and a stones throw away from t...
Gwynedd, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014

ive just returned from this hotel and what can I say it was appalling, on arrival we found the attitude of the staff indifferent to say the least,on enquiring if we could buy a drink was told the bar area was closed (2 30pm) and to buy water from machine nearby ,the restaurant food was atrocious pea soup followed by swordfish and a couple of plums for sweet! or on a good night hamburgers cuttle fish and what looked like a mr kipling cake for sweet not forgetting the chicken I had one night (barbequed) looked like road kill. we ate out the rest. It was unbelievable how dare they rate this penny pinching place a 4 star hotel I dreaded coming in to the deserted place t
!I was frogmarched to the reception for translation because I had the audacity to take a banana and pears from the restaurant (not allowed ) by overbearing manageress (commandant ) who loved the power and sound of her own voice I was counting the days to come home (tearful) disgraceful place should be closed down

Blackwood, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014

My wife and I and two guests have just returned from this hotel having booked through Secret Escapes. The description read well but in reality the hotel did not live up to the glowing précis given on the website or indeed even on the Terramar's own website for the following reasons:
1. The rooms allocated to us, albeit having the sea view as stated were not “newly renovated” but were old, tired and shabby. The facilities were quite ancient although the rooms were clean and housekeeping was provided on a daily basis.
2. There were no mini bars in the rooms as advertised and Wi-Fi was not available in 224.
3. The dining arrangements were the biggest disappointment. Three main restaurants and additional “cafe” style area was in evidence and should have provided any visitor with a large and varied menu both during the day and evening. However, the “Terramar Barbecue" was closed for most of the time, only open on one or two occasions during the whole of our 10 day stay. The other two main restaurants were “combined” into one. As a result meat and grill dishes were rarely available limiting guests to either the extensive rice dishes and seafood style meals. This would prove to be extremely limiting especially if dining midday and evening on the “all inclusive” basis. There was the option of selecting a limited menu of chicken, omelettes or tappas in the “cafe” both lunch time and evening but guests should be entitled to a little more comfort for an evening meal rather than “eating on the hoof”.
4. Hotel staff. In general the majority of the staff were friendly and helpful. Language difficulties arose but that is expected to arise on any foreign holiday. Two members of the hotel staff were exceptionally rude, one being what appeared to be a “breakfast monitor” at the buffet breakfast and the other a “maître d” who appeared on the last two days of our stay. Up to that time some help had been given to accommodate us regarding the very repetitive menu and whilst not totally acceptable we were not left hungry. On one occasion food was brought to us from the “cafe” bar and served in the main restaurant. However, this “Maître d” refused totally to assist on our last evening, which we had hoped would have been special. We were virtually “herded” out of the restaurant and told to eat in the “cafe” if we wanted meals from that menu, refusing to obtain the meals for us and bring them into the proper dining room. Had the main restaurant been busy we would have accepted the decision but there were only some 8 diners in the main restaurant with quite a few staff available. What made it worse was an ex employee appeared on the terrace and in the “cafe”, and food was brought to him from the main restaurant ! My wife complained bitterly to the Maître d but received no apology or change in his attitude.
As for the “breakfast monitor”, well, to give an example my sister in law went into the dining room at breakfast time and went to take a glass of water to her room to take some tablets. She was literally accosted by the “monitor” and physically marched to reception to be told no food or drink must be taken from the dining room as a glass of water could be obtained from the bar, despite the fact the bar did not open for another half hour.
I could continue concerning the attitude of some staff but that would be unfair to the remainder of the staff who were pleasant and did try their hardest to accommodate us. One young lass "Jinny" and young man "Willie" require a special mention as being jovial, kind and accommodating.
5. There was certainly no “live music performances” during evening meals, as originally advertised, nor any other form of entertainment provided throughout the entire length of our stay.

The hotel is, however, well situated and Sitges and area is a lovely place – it is just that the hotel let us down and we feel it should not be advertised as a 4* hotel. We would not recommend the hotel to any future travellers and feel it may not have been vetted by anyone from a tour company or agency for a few years.

Room Tip: Sea views are best.
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2014

We stayed on an all inclusive 19th September for 7 nights , all of what i was going to say about the hotel has been said by Matin S, We had a spacious room on the 5th floor with a lovely sea mountains and town view the room sounds the same as Martins.
We used the land train from the hotel to the town centre which cost 2 euro each it ran every half hour which was different.
Overall a lovely relaxing holiday in a decent hotel but surely only a three star not the 4 star that it advertises .

Room Tip: Room 512 is a great choice.
Standon, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went here for our honeymoon. I wouldn't go back. The only really good things I have to say are that it was cleaned by the Maid's who were excellent daily; and the location being a little quieter was what we wanted but still close enough to easily get into town.

The list of bad is much longer. Breakfast was horrific. Very limited choice of hot and cold food- who actually eats off coloured carrots and green beans for breakfast? Staff were in the main ok, some were rude, a few were good. The staff on reception spoke good English, the others struggled, but then I don't speak Spanish so fairs fair. The rooms have no tea and coffee facilities and no fridge. We has asked for a double bed, we were given twins. They changed this after our arrival upon request. Meals are overpriced and not really very pleasant. I ate at the hotel twice and had a horrific upset stomach after both meals, but at no other point did I suffer with that. I wouldn't risk eating here if I was you. Staff weren't particularly helpful with bus times etc until we were leaving. We were regularly overcharged for things by staff at the poolside bar. The rooms are spacious but our air con thing leaked, the shower worked but gave a trickling of water. There was a number of issues, I e mailed the hotel, they never bothered to even respond to me.

This hotel is 2 star and I really would not recommend it at all sadly.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Terramar? Share your experiences!