“Its very good only because its very cheap” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel El Cid
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ San Jose 39, 08870 Sitges, Spain   |
Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Sitges
Dublin, Ireland
“Its very good only because its very cheap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I stayed here for a single night in June 2014, due to a late flight into Barcelona. I chose it because it was the cheapest available hotel. The staff were lovely. Check in was fast and we were hooked up to the Wi-Fi which worked fine. We were also given vouchers for complimentary drinks!!

its an old hotel. Its clean. its fine. The main areas are quaint enough.

The rooms are basic. The beds were not very comfortable. The aircon worked fine, and the bathrooms weren't overly appealing. They were clean. Basically, if you were on a budget and u got it a very cheap price, id go for it. I wouldn't return myself, simply because its not my type of accommodation.

Breakfast was great though. Full variety of everything. We helped ourselves. Probably ate enough just to cover the price we paid for the room!!!

Location is fine. Its about a 3-5 minute walk to the sea front, through the town. Its pretty close to the train station.

I'd suggest it suits people who just need an inexpensive place to lay their head, and aren't too bothered about hotels and comforts.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel El Cid, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for your review and kind remarks.
Just think, I " have " to eat that breakfast every day, life can be sooo hard!
Take care and we hope to see you back again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Bideford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Budget or not this is a must stay, central close to gay bars with a pool very friendly staff. Clean with a great breakfast highly recommend. Stayed there for gay pride and a previous holiday, really inviting and a hotel full of character. Definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Stayed twice now in different parts of the hotel, rooms very good close to all the bars
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your lovely review and for taking the time to post it on Tripadvisor.
Take care and we hope to see you next time you’re in Sitges.
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Yes, some of the hotel decor is a little dated but for cleanliness, staff and breakfast it takes some beating .
We stayed here for 4 days relaxation prior to boarding a cruise in Barcelona.
Our room was a little small but more than adequate and was beautifully made up each day, with clean
towels daily too and a plentiful supply of toiletries.
The room overlooked the street and we loved "people watching" with a few drinks, from our small balcony. The street noise didn't bother us and was mostly shut out by the double glazed door when we went to bed.
The fridge was a bonus and very welcome.
Breakfast was excellent with lots of choice, including English bacon and cava and being available until 12md was great. The breakfast room staff were cheerful and helpful - thank you to the young lady and guy!
Free WiFi thoroughout the hotel is brilliant.
The hotel location is great and the railway station is just 5 minutes up the road.
We had dinner in the sister hotel - "Galleon" which was excellent value for money at 10 Euros, with a very drink able bottle of wine at just 5 Euros.
We also enjoyed our complimentary glass of cava at the other sister hotel (whose name escapes me!) with stunning sea view.

All in all, a great budget hotel which offers more than some 3 / 4 star places I've stayed in.
If you're looking for a great value budget hotel, I can highly recommend El Cid and will gladly stay there again if in Sitges.

Room Tip: If you like people watching get a street view room
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel El Cid, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Thank you for your great review and for taking the time to post it on Trip Advisor, it's certainly appreciated!
We consider ourselves very fortunate for the fact that our guests are invariably very nice people, who deserve to be properly treated, it is very rewarding for us to have guests, such as yourselves, post such lovely opinions of their stay. Thank you
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Just back from 5 nights at El CID & I can say that for a supposed 1 star hotel it's actually very good value for money. We have been going to Sitges for 15 years & we always stay within this hotel chain. Over the years this hotel has been dragged slowly up to a good standard. The communal areas still scream 70's but the rooms have been upgraded. We payed the extra £4pn to have a pool view room which was well worth it. We had a fridge, lots of plugs, new bathroom & shower, ac & the room had been sound proofed. My friend who stayed across the hall had a fridge but only one plug. All the rooms have free wifi & ac too.
For the money you pay, and most people who go to Sitges don't actually spend that much time in their rooms, El Cids is total value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel El Cid, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you, for the lovely things you said.
I guess the highest compliment we can be paid as accommodation providers, is to have guests return and enjoy their stay for another time, thank you for that and for your company. Thank you very much.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Stayed here about 6 times and love the pool, friendly staff and great price.

My only criticism would be that the place needs a lick of paint around the pool area but either way I'll always come back to El CID.

We tried to book again for August but fully booked so make sure u book well in advance as this place is becoming really popular, even with families we saw this time :-(

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel El Cid, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us, it's really appreciated.
We're very flattered that you ' highly recommended ' us, thank you. We seem to have really terrific people stay here and you are no exception! Kind regards.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I honestly was so impressed with el cid.

Clean comfortable room with friendly and helpful staff...

Good selection and times for breakfast...

I was originally placed in one of inside rooms but I asked to change and I did.

I agree that it needs modernisation in areas and some of it is a bit disjointed...

But will stay here again!

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel El Cid, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Take care and we hope to see you next time you’re in Sitges.
Blackpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

This is my 12th time in Sitges but 1st time at El Cid and I'm currently staying for a few days. I must say that I am really impressed with everything. The rooms are good, breakfast is excellent and plentiful with lots of choice including fresh fruit if you want it. The staff are very very friendly and really helpful. The guy on reception explained everything to me and gave a very warm welcome. I'm lucky enough to be a frequent traveller and I highly recommend this hotel. Thank you for making my stay enjoyable and I will definitely be staying with you again. Thank you.

Room Tip: Any room is good if you are not planning to stay in all the time but if you are, request one with a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
GerenciaSitges, Gerente at Hotel El Cid, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
We would love to have you come and stay with us again, thank you for your compliments and for taking the time to post a review.

Been to Hotel El Cid? Share your experiences!