Our first three days of our stay : the bed, it was extra large (2.80 m). The room and the hotel were really clean. The housemaids were extra attentive. The hotel lays at about a 15 minutes walk from centre town but you can walk the seapromanade so it's a nice walk or biking. Actually it's a big plus because you don't have to deal with the streetnoice in centre town. Isabel at the reception and Barbara of the breakfastroom are adorable as staff ! First three days we give 9/10 !
As we had such a good stay the first three days we decided to add two extra nights in the hotel. We asked if that was possible on our first day. There was no problem. We could get a similar room as we had. When we switched to our other room we were told to get an upgrade. We could get the junior suite for the same price as our previous room, 190 euro a night. When we entered the new room it appears to be a very dark room, smaller then our previous room, and without a balcony, there was only a very small window with almost no view. We also discovered on booking that the dayprice for this (new) room was only 129 euro and not the 190 euro we were supposed to pay for it ! So we refused to stay there and asked reception to arrange a simular room as before. We now got another 'simular' room with seaview was told. Actually it was one on the first floor with no privacy at all. It was facing the swimmingpool, the restaurant and the bar. Everyone could look inside our room. There was also no big bed as in our first room, only two seperate small singleperson beds placed together, they looked like armybeds. At night they moved apart on the slippery floor, therefore we had to place them against a wall. After a night without sleep on these terrible small beds we got an extra surprise being disturbed by the gardener who was doing the grass at 07.30 am with a lawn mower on gasoline just below the balcony. It made terrible noice probably waking up the whole hotel and neighbourhood. The two extra nights at Subur Maritim were really horrible and especially overpriced for what we got. We had three days of stress being there and definately changed our opinion about the hotel. We were promised an simular room as before, payed the same price but got downgraded. We asked if breakfast was included, they say it was not but when we got the bill it appeared it was ! They reacted in a very ignorant way when we made complaint. We wrote a letter to the managment the last day but never got any answer. ALL depends on the goodwill of who's at the reception. And above all: asking 190 euro for a room that is marked 1only 29 euro/day is over unfair !
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Subur Maritim Hotel
- Best Western Subur Maritim Hotel Sitges
- Best Western Hotel Sitges
- Best Western Sitges
- Sitges Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in front of the sea, the BEST WESTERN Hotel Subur Maritim in Sitges offers an excellent location and service, making it the best choice of Hotel to live Sitges while enjoying your life in a unique place.Discover the charming walk from the promenade and the beaches of Sitges to museums and a shopping area which the town has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN Subur Maritim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.