“Nice food, fair prices excellent service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Nice food, fair prices excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We go to Girona around 4-5 times a year and visit this restaurant every time (more than once). We love it, nice people we love the food.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Great Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We love fish and this restaurant was the perfect find for us. We had smoked salmon and sardine salad starters followed by two different paellas. All very good. Next time we'll choose from the fresh shellfish and produce on display and be more adventurous.

Ireland
“Foodie but not terribly healthy - where is the salad? small portions.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Hmmmm, the concept was cool. Pick out your fresh fish and have it cooked. I really thought this bit was great. As you entered, you were handed a glass of cava and got to sip it as you browsed the fish on offer.

The people behind the fish counter would weigh the fish and the price would appear so I thought that was a really excellent concept. We splashed out a bit and had a selection of oysters, razor clams, squid and some native gambas. This was really delicious, however, it only came with bread and I thought that for the price, we should have been offered a salad as well.

It's a problem i've found over and over again where the meat is excellent but there is no salad and absolutely no vegetables on offer. Even when you order a salad, its tiny and over priced.

So the starters were lovely but over rather quickly. To put it in context, we'd just spent 6 hours cycling through the mountains so were ready for some lovely food and some healthy and fresh veggies and salad.

Main course was seafood paella for 2. It was nice but to be honest, nothing I couldn't rustle up myself. Portions was very small and we were both still terribly hungry. There were 2 prawns, 3 mussels and about 4 tiny clams in the paella. All the rest was rice. So I wasn't over impressed with the mix.

It was pricey by Girona standards - 75euro - for that price, I would have expected an amazing meal. I didn't get it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Peix means fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

It was a rainy night in Girona when we ran darted into the glass doors of Arros Peix in the old quarter, so we were grateful for the warm welcome we received. After being handed each a glass of white wine, a young man who spoke English quite well explained to us how the restaurant worked: you could pick any of the live or raw seafood on display and have it cooked how you liked and priced by weight. In addition to this option, you could order paella or other dishes from the menu. After sharing a wonderful salad, I choose a wholesome chunk of tuna and my spouse the paella. The tuna was lightly grilled -- while there were black stripes from the grill the exterior of the fish was grey, and the inside delightfully underdone. I would have preferred the outside being a little darker, but not at the expense of the tender meat inside. The paella was good as well, as were the grilled shrimps. The local wine, which our young waiter recommended, was superb. If you like fish, this is the restaurant for you in Girona.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Fishy, Fishy fresh Fishy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

What a find. We were in Girona to visit El Cellar de Can Roca and wanted a light lunch when we found this great place.
We were poured a complementary glass of Cava on arrival which was a really nice touch.
The fish was very fresh and of good quality and so reasonably priced.
This is a must do if you visit Girona.
Highly recommended.