“A must to visit in Girona” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #75 of 367 Restaurants in Girona
Cuisines: Ice Cream
Malmo, Sweden
“A must to visit in Girona”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

There is not that much else to add from the other excellent reviews other that that is a must to visit when in Girona if you love ice cream or chocolate. Excellent ice cream and a very lice interior of the shop! Well done again by the Can Roca brothers!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Staten Island, New York
“The best ice-cream in Girona”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

This gelateria was founded by famous brothers Roca which restaurant is top N1 in the world. Ice-cream is fantastic here. A whole pattern of unusual tastes including bacon and classic options like mango and vanilla. But everything is done for perfection. Modern décor and creative recipes. Grilled ice-cream hamburgers are awesome. A lot of different toppings and scents. A must stop during your trip to Girona.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
“Rocking...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Given the store is part of the Roca brothers empire it is worth visit for that reason alone. It is a small store on a main street we visited after taking a poor offer of what passed as lunch at Taverna Catalana. I do like an ice cream and I guess the shop hankers back to a more bygone era with a very modern twist.

We tried a couple of cones, one chocolate and one baked apple they were both excellent. Worth a visit.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A fabulous strawberry ice cream followed by an apple one that went pear shaped”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We visited Girona on a very hot day and having read about it we went straight to Rocambolesc. The place is tiny, the fun decor is Willy Wonkaesque, a colourful bit of theatre with striped candy canes, mirrors, a candy floss machine and an old bike, a mixture of vintage and fantasy.
I had a lovely strawberry sorbet piped into a tub with 3 toppings, the most delicious being the mini chocolate cookies, also a mixture of toasted nuts and the third topping bits of chocolate bean.
We explored Girona and as we climbed lots of steps on the city walls and the tower in the scorching midday heat I dreamt of my next choice of baked apple ice cream with cookies and crystallised apple.
Eventually and back at the shop I chose a cone rather than a tub and that is where it went pear shaped. Even before I was out of the shop some of the precious toppings had slid off onto the floor. I mentioned it to the woman serving the ice cream, she said it didn't matter. It mattered to me especially as a few steps outside a large avalanche of ice cream and toppings was on the move, some I caught some I didn't. Looking at the pavement I noticed someone else must have had the same problem.
I know the bike is part of their history and a bit of theatre but the shop was empty at the time and I did think that adding a bench or a little bistro table with two chairs would have been welcome instead of the bike.
I would say it's worth a visit but go for a tub rather than a cone.
I had noticed someone being given ice cream in what looked a burger bun. I enquired but the woman in the shop didn't seem to understand what I was asking. Eventually I was given a leaflet from the back of the counter explaining about it in different languages. Had I seen it at the start and known it was a warm brioche I would have tried one instead of the cone. Maybe next time if I am in the area.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
England
“Amazing ice cream and gelato”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Really loved this little ice cream shop. It's beutiful and ordering your choice is really fun. The ice cream is delicious and the topping are fresh and inventive. Really recommend trying!

Visited October 2013