“My Old Mother” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Spanish
Sydney
“My Old Mother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The owner of the place we stayed recommended this restaurant. He obviously didn't like us.
My old mother used to say to me "Terence if you can't say something nice about someone or something don't say anything at all".
Here ends the review.

P.S That was a bit cruel, the staff were very nice.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Poole, United Kingdom
“Fine for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Great location to eat outside with an undemanding menu containing all the usual local offerings. Go for the set menu for lunch which is low cost and acceptable.Attentive service and a;lthough you could not call this haut cuisine it is perfectly acceptable particularly the fish dishes

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Granny's Kitchen”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

As a previous reviewer said "like eating in your Granny's ", only if your granny has no teeth and everything is so over cooked that it is just a mush resembling real food. Indeed, what looked reasonable on the menu bore no likeness to what was served. Salad was limp as in floppy, Cannelloni was burnt on the bottom with just a mush as a filling, bits of chicken were served with a few chips - everything deep fried- the wine served (if wine at all) was vile, vinegar would have tasted better, it was more like a glass of bad sherry mixed with water then poured into a dirty bottle. While I do not speak Catalan, nor do I have sufficient Spanish to express my disgust properly, I paid up for the two meals and left. The only good thing about the entire experience was that we were able to shelter when the skies threatened to open upon us as the thunder rolled in the distance, but avoid this restaurant.
The wash room, as there was only one, was behind a frosted glass partition with a dirty towel slung over a rail, the decor was out of the formica era, over all it was just bad,bad ,bad.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Spain
“Can Lloret - Daily Set Menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

My brother was right: Can Lloret is an odd ball set in its ways amidst the trendy design wave sweeping over Girona’s old and new restaurants. Indeed, stepping into it provides a glimpse into a frumpy yet deliciously genteel Catalunya for which some locals are starting to long and fewer tourists are able to find at hot tourist spots. We were sat on the terrace on the restaurant lined square and regaled by a street busker. Unassumingly presented, the daily set menu offers no less than 3 dishes. You must try the paella! (min 2 people) invited my brother. It wouldn’t have been my choice as it was a rather hot summer day, but went along just to please him. And glad I did as it was flavoursome, the sofrito base just right and the quantity plenty, and so were the salad and the, chicken, my main dish, with some real chips. The dessert also took us back: a generous ice-cream slice set between two wafers. The generous helpings and price will help any traveler to feel better. I’d specially recommend it as a winter stop.

• Visited July 2012