“Weeklong guided cycling trip in Catalonia.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 26 Activities in Girona
More attraction details
Owner description: BikeCat specializes in custom cycling tours in Girona, Spain. Our tours are led by local guides who will share their home and culture and what makes Girona such a draw for cyclists.We provide high quality service from a single day to a complete week-long cycling tour. All of our activities are custom designed to you and for your group no matter your riding level. Join us and we will take care of the rest. Enjoy a unique experience with the local touch to discover Girona, the best riding, and the finest cuisine and wines from Catalunya.We also offer high-end performance rental bikes from the Garmin team to accompany you on your vacation. Treat yourself and ride the bikes the Garmin Pros race on.
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
“Weeklong guided cycling trip in Catalonia.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Rides were different every day and each one bought new experience. Minimal time spent on busy roads. Climbs were challenging but doable. Jaume and Debby were extremely helpful and were very open to all levels of ability in our group. They did so whilst always smiling. The bikes were incredible and didn't miss a beat. Girona itself is a beautiful city. Would definitely recommend this holiday to friends, and already have.

Visited August 2013

Caledon, Canada
“Best Bike Experience of our Lives!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I spent 4 fantastic days road riding in the Girona region. Jaume and Bikecat were the essential components that made the entire experience extraordinary and trouble free. The bikes he rented us were extremely high end (Felt and Cervelo) and the setup based on the specs we sent him was meticulous. Jaume rented us a Garmin GPS with pre programmed routes. Although it was a little difficult at times getting out of Girona, once in the countryside, the GPS functioned without a glitch, guiding us to fantastic remote cycling roads we would of never been able to find on our own. Jaume and the Bikecat crew were accommodating to no end. Great suggestions regarding our hotel, restaurants and travel information and support when needed. They can customize your cycling holiday based on your needs and wants.We recommend them 100% and hope to go back next year.

Visited August 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Jaume was very responsive to all of my questions and needs before my arrival. He even went above and beyond by finding a larger rental bike for me and picking it up the night before my arrival so I didn't need to do so. He was extremely professional, supportive, and provided a once in a lifetime experience for me. I can't wait to come back someday and plan on recommending him to friends!

Visited July 2013
King George, VA
“Personalized Private Guided Tour of Barcelona!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This was an amazing way to start our vacation. We were scheduled to depart on a cruise out of Barcelona and were arriving the day before, and to keep my training up I needed to do a long ride locally. I contacted several companies to see if anyone would be able to guide me on something I was looking for. Most were just typical cruiser city tours, and had entry level mountain bikes. Jaume from Bikecat responded and over the course of several e-mails we were able to do more than I thought possible.

He met me promptly on time early in the morning outside the front of my hotel, having ridden up on his own bike while pushing mine alongside. Not only did he provide a top quality rental bike, but it was a Cervelo S5 with David Millar's name on it, with Millar having ridden it during a previous season. I had sent him my fit coordinates, and he had matched the bike nearly exactly, and I had to make no adjustments. I was also loaned shoes/pedals, and a helmet, as I was not bringing any of my own equipment (traveled internationally on a plane with luggage weight concerns) and this was the only day I would be riding. He also had gels, granola bars, multiple bottles of water, and any tools that may be required during the day.

Within minutes we were on the road, and he was guiding me up out of Barcelona into the local mountains. Through a meandering route we got in a ton of climbing, some speedy descents, and enjoyed plenty of conversation along the way, always keeping a good pace. At the agreed upon time (with 4 minutes to spare even) we arrived back at my hotel, and I was able to shower, pack up, and transit to my ship without issue. He later uploaded a ton of pictures he had taken along the way even while in motion on descents and including amazing views of the city.

The amount of personalized attention and effort that Jaume put in made this one of the highlights of my entire trip (including the 12 night cruise).

Note: They normally do their guided tours out of Girona a distance away, and due to time constraints I was unable to travel to Girona if I wanted to spend the full four hours riding. In order for Jaume to provide direct to and from my hotel service in Barcelona a fair transportation cost was added to the total price of the guided tour plus rental equipment. He indicated that while non-standard, this type of customized tour was something they were generally willing to do, provided there is enough lead time and coordination is conducted during the weeks or months prior.

If you're looking for a customized private tour and have unique circumstances, see what they can do for you, as they certainly did a lot for me. Highly recommended!

Visited June 2013
Berkeley, California, United States
“We can't wait to come back!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

When my husband and I decided to come to Girona to ride a pro cyclist friend of ours gave us Jaume's contact at Bikecat. Lucky us! We stayed around the corner from the Bikecat shop which made it a nice meeting spot. We did a one day guided ride with Jaume which was spectacular. He took us on the best tiny roads (and coffee stop) you could imagine. Riding with Jaume was like riding with one of your best friends only it was clear that his goal was to make your experience as pleasant as possible. The following day we rented one of the preloaded Garmins. Jaume helped us select a ride over a nice espresso in their shop and gave us a paper map as well. We had a wonderful ride but honestly, we missed riding with Jaume because he is such a nice guy and we loved talking to him about living in Girona, food etc. etc. so the next day we did another guided ride with him out to the coast. Again, the ride was absolutely spectacular. Jaume also took some really nice photos of us riding. What a treat! We never have those. We ended up going out to dinner with Jaume and Debbie and felt like we made some wonderful new friends. We cannot wait to come back and bring friends with us. Based on our one day guided rides and our conversations, I can only imagine that a longer tour would be cycling heaven. Sitting on the train both my husband and I admitted to each other that we were really sad to leave Girona and our new friends. We will be back!!

Visited June 2013