“Top equipment, great ride” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 26 Activities in Girona
More attraction details
Owner description: BikeCat specializes in custom cycling tours in Girona, Spain. Our tours are led by local guides who will share their home and culture and what makes Girona such a draw for cyclists.We provide high quality service from a single day to a complete week-long cycling tour. All of our activities are custom designed to you and for your group no matter your riding level. Join us and we will take care of the rest. Enjoy a unique experience with the local touch to discover Girona, the best riding, and the finest cuisine and wines from Catalunya.We also offer high-end performance rental bikes from the Garmin team to accompany you on your vacation. Treat yourself and ride the bikes the Garmin Pros race on.
London, United Kingdom
“Top equipment, great ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

When planning a visit to the Costa Brava for a family holiday, I searched for a 100km guided ride around the area as I had heard it is top quality for cycling... Weather, roads, scenery etc. Jaume from Bikecat was very responsive to email requests, flexible, and planned a great route starting and ending at my hotel around 30km from the centre of Girona. The bike I rented was superb... ex-pro team issue, but perfectly set up for my less than pro level of flexibility. The route was well chosen to take in medieval villages and rolling countryside, a couple of moderate climbs, and lunch at a cafe by the beach. Great memories (helped by Jaume's photography along the way), definitely hope to return for more and would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a similar experience.

Visited April 2013

Antwerp, Belgium
“Fantastic - Bikecat Guided Ride in Girona”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I just had one of the best bicycles rides ever, thanks to Jaume at Bikecat.

I had a weekend free in Spain and wanted to combine my training with some sight seeing. After reasearching the possibilities I found that I could hire a bike (rather than bringing mine with me on the plane) and even have a guide.

I chose to do the ride in Girona as it is easy to get to (AVE high speed training from Madrid) and many of the pro cyclists live there so I figured the terrain should be ideal.

Jaume, the owner of Bikecat in Girona, was great. He booked a hotel for me, had the bike ready for me with dimensions already set. Everything was planned via email before I arrived in Spain and it was really very easy.

Bikecat arraged a custom ride package for me and all I needed to bring were my cycling shoes and clothes. Everything else was provided (even energy bars).

On the morning of the ride, Jaume fetched me from my hotel and took me to their premises to get ready. The bikes in his fleet are excellent and in top condition. I rode a Cervelo S3 with all the top gear on it. What an amazing bike!!!

The ride iteself was beautiful. Perfect weather combined with great roads and excellent scenery made it the perfect ride. Jaume even took pictures during the ride and sent them to me after the ride.

I would highly recommend Bikecat's guided cycling packages. If you are a keen cyclist like me and want to enjoy the beautiful countryside in Spain then you can't go past Bikecat.

Thanks again to Jaume for a fantastic saturday ride!

Visited March 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Really great ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Decided I wanted to do a little sport on my trip to Girona - but didn't want to cart too much kit with me, so bikecat was perfect. The chance to hire an ex-pro's bike was exciting enough, but then got the chance to ride it through the cobbles of girona, out onto incredibly quiet roads. Got to go at my own pace, the weather was warm and sunny, and the 4 hours flew by. Little extras like Jaume taking photos of our ride were the icing on the cake. Highly recommended.

Visited March 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great bikes, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Very friendly staff and great bikes! Makes renting bikes very easy and comfortable. Can definitely recommend a guided tour to get to know the region. Service is great, staff is knowledgeable and can help you out during your stay in Girona with some nice tours (if not guided you can rent a Garmin on which they load routes).

Visited December 2012
Sarasota, Florida
28 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have been to visit Girona a few times in the past 7 years, it is a wonderful historic and vibrant city! On my first visit to Girona, my husband and I discovered Bikecat! I have been back with Bikecat on both trips I have made back to the area with friends. I am thinking of visiting Catalonia again in this coming year, maybe in the fall this time, and was doing a little research and now see Bikecat is on Trip Advisor. Jaume and Debbie are so professional and thorough, thinking of everything to make the most of our time for each of our visits to the area. They are also such wonderful and personable people, with a tremendous local knowledge of the area for the best cycling routes for various abilities and interests. I and the people I have traveled with are casual cyclists with further interests in the the culture, local foods and wines, and natural areas. Jaume and Debbie customized each trip to include a variety of perfect experiences for our parties. They planned moderate rides for us through beautiful and interesting areas in the Girona province. Along each route they took us to terrific restaurants, historic sites and villages, through beautiful countryside and to impressive natural areas. We also went on many non-cycling excursions with Debbie to many cities and villages such as Barcelona and Cadeques, and to a couple of great birding locations. They were both very helpful in also giving us recommendations on what we could do on our own as well, and interesting times of year to visit. One of my favorite times I have been there was when I visited in May during the Girona Flower Festival! I will be contacting Bikecat again for my next visit :-)

Visited May 2012