“The Herdsman Trail 20-27. October 2013” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 26 Activities in Girona
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Sports
Norway
“The Herdsman Trail 20-27. October 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This was my fifth trail in Catalonia, I keep coming back to this wonderful area. Have done 20 trails so far and I think Rudi and his staff is doing an excellent job organizing the trails. Our guide on the Herdsman trail was Denise, she was very sweet, helpful and polite. The trail started in the lower parts of the terrain slowly moving up in the mountains. We were so lucky with the weather, blu sky with 22-26c the whole week - perfect riding conditions. Being seven riders it was a midsized group that worked very well. The scenery in Pyrenees was amazing I found it hard to believe - what a beautiful place on earth! For those who has been on the Bandido trail, this is your next trail. Accomodation is good to excellent with lots of food. The breakfast was, well, modest compared to a scandinavian meal in the morning but we survived.

Have posted my pics at Facebook - search for Tom Oiestad. Next trail in the future, the Transpirenaica trail... :-)

Bracknell, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing trip of a lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I did the La Pasion Trail, I think it has to rate as one of the most exciting holidays I have ever had. Amazing views and the food "oh the food!!!" fantastic.The people at Panorama couldn't of done more to make sure you have the best holiday. As a novice the riding was challenging but at the same time exciting, but never at the expense of safety.

San Diego, California
“Trip of a lifetime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I truly can't say enough about how much I enjoyed this last week on the Catalonia Coast & Wine Trail. We had 2 guides due to the large size of our group and our group was sure to be somewhat of a challenge because we had a wide array of riding abilities amongst us. Denise and Nacho were our guides and they did a great job making sure everybody stayed safe AND still experienced the adventure we had signed up for (and then some!). It was Dani who provided us (and the horses) with our delicious lunches and who was always ready to lend a helping hand when and wherever he could. From Day 1 it was very apparent that Dani, Denise and Nacho had a great love for these amazing animals and it made me happy to see them so well cared for and handled.

Here are some highlights from the trip: (1.) amazing views and especially on the days overlooking the coast (2.) exciting gallops through the apple & olive orchards...yeehawww! (3.) smiling locals waving us on as we passed through their small villages (4.) Dani's yummy food & cava at lunch and thankfully followed by siesta time after (5.) touring the gorgeous stud farm and watching the horses enjoy a good roll in the field (6.) being splashed with salt water as we trucked it full speed ahead through the waves (7.) touring the vineyard & monastery (different days) followed by delicious tastings (8.) a nice variety of nightly accommodations all with very welcoming hosts ...I could honestly go on and on but of course the experience wouldn't have been the same without the great company, conversation, and laughs to boot!

A big thank you to Nacho, Denise and Dani at Panorama Trails for such an awesome trip and I really hope I can make it back there soon to try out another trail.

Salud from SoCal,

Danielle

“Excellent holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I've just returned from a brilliant week on the Freshwater to Saltwater Trail. Nacho was an excellent guide, full of information, stories and great chat. Contrary to other reviews he clearly loves his job and the horses. Lunchtime picnics were a feast - there's nothing like a canter across the fields followed by a glass of cava and siesta before moving on to the next destination! The horses work hard across the different terrains and they are well looked after. This was a well organised trip and I would highly recommend it.

Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
70 attraction reviews
“Venice? No. More like Florence.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Pretty. A great day trip to get away from Barcelona. Little winding roads. Cross the bridges...really more like Florence than Venice.

Visited August 2013