“Well worth a visit.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Banyoles, Spain
“Well worth a visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

After reading the comments here on tripadvisor, My wife and I decided to try out this restaurant and were very happy with our choice.

As others have said it's not the easiest restaurant to find(despite being right next to the city council) it's tucked away down a small street from a very dark square.

We we're greeted straight away by a friendly member of staff who confirmed our reservation and then offered us the choice of available tables.

The menu is designed in a similar way to tapas, and we were recommended about 6 dishes to share between us, and also well adviced on which wine to choose.

Our chosen dishes were then served in the order that they felt would be best, a nice way to be surprised by what was next(despite having chosen ourselves!)

I would certainly recommend the "patatas bravas" and the duck with pear and mint.

We paid 50 Euros for 6 dishes, desserts, coffee, water and wine (mid range), and we'll certainly be back at some point.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Delightful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Had the pleasure of dining twice at Curcuma, atmosphere, service and food were all excellent. Creative dishes nicely presented, terrific recommendations and friendly, attentive service from Marc and Pep. Will gladly return next time I am in Girona. Particularly enjoyed the snails, the lamb, the cod, the cheesecake and the house ratafia.

Visited April 2013
UK
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

As other reviews say, slightly hard to find but well worth the effort. The service is charming, the food is modern, interesting and beautifully cooked, and clearly all involved take pride in its preparation. Examples of dishes we have include the best patatas bravas EVER, octopus meatballs with a chocolate sauce, pigs trotters as well as absolutely delivious baccalau. Very reasonable for the price. Will definitely be coming back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Super Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

What a great restaurant. A little difficult to find but worth the effort(perhaps I am not good at map reading).The greeting as we entered ,the service and food were faultless.The person looking after us was helpful and accomodating .We had the tasting menu which was varied and worth every penny.Local ingredients and local wine were especially good.When I am next in Girona I will return.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wisconsin
“A Delightful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

After reading the recent reviews on TripAdvisor, I booked this restaurant to celebrate my brother's birthday during his visit to Spain. For health reasons, my brother is on a low sodium diet, and the restaurant was more than willing to accommodate this. The waitstaff was very attentive and explained each of the seven courses in our 22 euro menu. My favorite courses were the duck magret and the selection of desserts. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a variety of courses for a good price.

Visited March 2013