“A charming hotel full of legends” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Portal de la Barca 4, 17004 Girona, Spain   |
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Girona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Eugene, Oregon
“A charming hotel full of legends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

The efficient and friendly staff was a big plus for this small, well located and charming hotel. Our room was lovely despite the view of a blank wall from our window. The electric curtains were fun, operable from the bedside table or the main control panel near the door. The sophisticated electrical controls could be a bit daunting when the lighting switches did not perform as expected (perhaps operator error). We enjoyed our stay.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Coffs Harbour, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Front desk staff were very kind and helpful, pointing out local restaurants sans tourists. The rooms were very stylish, interesting decor and comfortable beds. The shower was a little difficult to operate but once we cracked that, was lovely. Breakfast great, good coffee and fresh orange juice. Highly satisfied - wanted to stay another night.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Location; Excellent in the middle of Girona. Perfect to walk in the historic center. Quite street.

Parking; They have parking, which makes it very easy. In & out is challenging but this is normal.

Rooms; There is more than you need. Extremely modern. This part is difficult for me. I was there for a night only. There are so many buttons everywhere that it takes time to figure out what is what and I do not like that. There were 4 remote controls in the room. Everything is ultra modern but plastic fan in the toilet makes rattling noise that kills you.

There were dirty laundry in my room. I informed the hotel. After dinner, upon my return to the room, I found a bottle of cava and a letter of apology. This was nice.

Breakfast; Cozy small breakfast room was lovely. And really plenty of high quality food, fresh juice, excellent coffee machine. I loved the breakfast most.

Check out; I asked my company name to be added. It just took too much time and I sensed there was more explanation than necessary.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Great hotel in the middle of the medieval town. The rooms are very well equipped, a good night's sleep is guaranteed. Immediate vicinity to the cathedral and the old city. I stayed on my way from Barcelona to Montpellier and decided to pay another visit on my way back. Some excellent restaurants in the town as well!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Alla M, Director General at Hotel Llegendes de Girona Catedral, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for your opinion, we are glad that you had a pleasant experience at the hotel.
As you know, we are in a very historic building and our goal is to combine this with the new facilities offered by the technology, and we love that our guests appreciate it.
West Barnstable, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Had the pleasure of staying at Hotel Llegendes for 1 night while on my way to France. Very charming modern hotel in the heart of the Old Town of Girona. Very unexpected to walk into a building that dates back centuries to find a very modern facility. The bathroom was by far the most unique that I have experienced. Will definitely stay there again if ever back in Girona.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Alla M, Director General at Hotel Llegendes de Girona Catedral, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Thank you for your comment about Hotel Llegendes de Girona Catedral****, we appreciate it. We are proud that our guests enjoy the experience because as we say, we do not sell rooms, we sell emotions. We look forward to welcoming you on a future visit.
Herts, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed three nights in Girona and loved it. My wife and I have stayed in Barcelona enough times but wanted to visit there for one day. Anyway hotel next door to cathedral. Room modern and very clean. Bed really comfortable and hotel well decorated. Service very good.

Girona a great walking city and you can get out into countryside really quickly.

Tip pre book train tickets to Barcelona!

• Stayed March 2014
Alla M, Director General at Hotel Llegendes de Girona Catedral, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thanks for sharing your opinion! We are proud that you had a very good experience with our service and you enjoyed the hotel. We will love to welcome you again next time. Regards.
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

My host grandma from Girona showed me this wonderful hotel. It was beautiful and we enjoyed a lovely coffee outside with comfy seating and little pastries included. I wanted my parents to stay here but it was just out of their budget. Although I didn't stay here, it looked so charming and romantic. Lovely décor and convenient location. Staff were very friendly, if I return to girona to visit I would very much like to stay here for a treat. Lovely.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Alla M, Director General at Hotel Llegendes de Girona Catedral, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you very much for your comment. We are happy that you enjoyed a lovely coffee in our outside terrace and we look forward to welcoming you on a next occasion, if you visit Girona again. It will be great!

Been to Hotel Llegendes de Girona Catedral? Share your experiences!