“A tourist trap” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bodegon del Norte -Marzan

Bodegon del Norte -Marzan
Valencia, 207, 08007 Barcelona, Spain (Eixample)
+34 934533705
Improve this listing
Ranked #4,591 of 6,673 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Basque
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Eixample
“A tourist trap”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Picked this restaurant at random after being hoodwinked by the owner on how cheap the paella was. What a mistake to make. The food was average and expensive, paella eur24.

I'm sure there are better choices.

London
“Overpriced mediocre food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This was recommended to us by our hotel for having authentic food for a great price - neither of which is true!
We were offered some ham as starter which was nice - but turned out to cost EUR20 for the portion!
The paella was ok but again at EUR24 per person it was terribly overpriced. Staff was friendly - especially with our baby - but the whole experience was quite poor and we were left with a EUR90 bill at the end. Our most expensive dinner is Barcelona and far from he best.

Athens, Greece
“Nice asador”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I went to Asador Basco Marzan with some friends about a month ago.The atmosphere is very nice,waiters very helpful and the food is delicious.Location downtown Barcelona very close to Plaza Catalunia and La Rambla.Try the pork fillet and the huge T Bone steak which is about a kilo.Starters are good,salads are OK but you going there for the meat.Prices are OK for the quality

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Tired and hungry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

After a day of travel we left our hotel to find a place to eat, unfortunately after 30 mins of wandering around we couldn't find what we were looking for and my wife randomly selected this place. We should have checked the menu first but it is a fish restaurant, not much for a veggie. My wife basically had to settle for 2 salads, I however tucked into a delicious baby squid starter and the special of the day, hake. It was recommended and I get the feeling the waiter would not have accepted any other order! Never having had it before I thought it was excellent. My wife was sure the waiter didn't like her (no fish or meat!) and her main course arrived with a large piece of iberico ham on top. The waiter said "you can take it off if you don't want it"! The ham was good too! The litre of house red was very good. My wife's suspicions increased when the dessert menu arrived and unbeknown to me she was given the Catalan version and so had no idea what was on offer and was astounded that I could read out full details. I had the English version! I had the deep fried milk dessert, a new experience, which I think travelling is all about. It was all good quality ingredients, cooked well. On the basis of the limited veggie options we probably wouldn't return, but otherwise I would be back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Northwich, Cheshire
“Marzan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Fine dining it's not, but we've just had a very enjoyable meal. We shared the scrambled eggs with wild asparagus and shrimp as a starter and then I had the veal t bone steak served on the hot plate so it keeps on cooking - very tasty. My husband had the pork in a cheese sauce - he cleared his plate. This was our most expensive meal in Barcelona but we had apperatifs, bottle of wine and 2 large brandys and espressos. Service was attentive, we sat outside in the street, so be prepared for traffic noise.

Overall we enjoyed our visit and I would recommend if you are staying nearby, we were at the Hotel Jazz, approx 10 minutes walk away.

Visited July 2013