“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Sauc S.c.p.

Restaurant Sauc S.c.p.
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stumbled on Sauc while travelling in Barcelona and was really excited to find that it was a one Michelin Star restaurant - perfect venue to celebrate my sister's birthday while on holiday! However when we arrived we were surprised at how casual the restaurant ambience was, seating felt cheap but we thought ok the food must be good and ordered the full tasting menu. Many dishes were very salty, and our fish dish had bones in it! And the soggy "crispy skin" still had scales on it! When we told the wait staff about this she merely said "oh this is wild fish but I will tell the chef" which I felt was very unsatisfactory. We visited other restaurants that were highly rated on tripadvisor and enjoyed much better food service and ambience at half the price. I'm not sure what they did to get the michelin star.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Lisbon, Portugal
“One Michelin Star and deserved”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Currently situated on the 0.5 floor of the ohla hotel, this restaurant with a Michelin star is one to try in Barcelona.

Service was friendly but professional and the food was very good and everything you could expect from this class of restaurant.

Worthwhile, yes. Will I be going back, probably.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Michelin one star - Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband and I had never been to a Michelin star rated restaurant before so was looking forward to having a dinner at one. We were staying at the hotel and expected far better service than what we received, so much so that I nearly walked out. We were greeted and shown to our table but were ignored for 30 minutes. It was obvious that one staff member was learning and the other one was interested in the next 2 guests that arrived not long after us. They had been given their menus, drinks ordered and delivered; as well as food orders taken as well as complimentary appetizers placed upon their table. (did I mention that the waiter was serving a gay couple).
The only thing stopping me leaving was that a female waitress appeared and started to serve us. Oh by the way, the restaurant only had 4 tables occupied, not a busy night.
I can say that the food was excellent; atleast the chefs know their trade.
Unfortunately there was no atmosphere and we had a much more enjoyable night prior down in the hotels gastronomy bar, where food, service and atmosphere outshone the Michelin star.
I personally think that there are far better restaurants to eat it and suggest you go elsewhere.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Fantastic place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

For our anniversary we had the 7 dich taster menu - which actually was 13 or 14 dishes, small but extremely tasteful - go there, it's amazing :D

Visited July 2012
Lewes
“Very good but little atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Food was very good but lacked atmosphere for a Friday night. Shame as the hotel Ohla looked ultra cool

Visited June 2012