“A fantastic experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Camarga

La Camarga
Aribau, 117, 08036 Barcelona, Spain (Eixample)
+34 933236655
Improve this listing
Reserve with
La Camarga is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,326 of 6,910 Restaurants in Barcelona
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Helsinki
“A fantastic experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Me and my husband were on a honeymoon in Barcelona end of August. One night we ended up going to Camarga just by chance because the other restaurant (Fahrenheit) which we were supposed to go was closed eventhough we had made a reservation there. The whole dining experience at Camarga was so great that we decided to go again the next day, which was the last day before our departure. Everything at Camarga was exceptionally good both times: service, food, vines, atmosphere... And still not expensive! The second time we went there we had asked them to prepare us a tasting menu with our special diets: I´m allergic to fish and my husband needs to have a gluten free diet. The menu with 5 different courses was the best I´ve had even though I´ve visited many great restaurants and many which had a michelin star or two. Also the vines were excellent. The price for these two tasting menus, two bottles of vine and glasses of cava were less than 100 euros. So this restaurant was definitely best we visited in Barcelona and also became one of my top 3 favourite restaurants in the world. Go there!!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Franco catalan extravaganza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Eighteen of us had an evening out at the La Camara .We were accommodated in a private room.The menu was available in english.The wine was the invitation to open our senses to a fascinating array of franco catalan dishes of which baked sea urchin was the centre piece . i choose fish as my main and some of our friends selected lamb.The service was good.They went an extra yard to bring us some alternative dishes.We all enjoyed the desserts so much that we decided to have a post dinner stroll.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lisbon, Portugal
“Disappointing - I would not come back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

On a recommendation in the Guide Vert, we intended to visit La Provença, apparently renowned for local cuisine. I made a reservation and was quite surprised to learn on arrival that the restaurant was closed and that we had to go to the near-by La Camarga. The explanation: both restaurants had the same owner, who closed down one restaurant but kept the phone number of the other without indicating the change ... Not really quite elegant. La Camarga is a recent restaurant, a little bit too much of tourist-routine, food was ok, but not more and certainly nothing special. The wine chosen by the sommelier was under-average. The bill: 125 EUR for three was no surprise, but not a bargain either. We looked for an evening with local cuisine and were disappointed. I would not come back.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Superb food and Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

If you get 1 chance to visit Barcelona this restaurant is a must whether it's for business or pleasure. The food is exceptional and traditionally Catalan with food and drink you will perhaps only eat in the Barcelona area. We had 5 courses for 6 people with 3 bottles of wine,12 beers and coffee which came to €240

Everybody who eat said its some of the best food they had eaten. I would recommend the sea urchin soup and also the confit of duck

One of my colleagues had proper paella with pieces of rabbit,hare,pigeon and chicken which look amazing

I will be back in September to Barca and I will certainly revisiting this restaurant

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A very high quality restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I was invited by a business colleague for a special dinner at La Camarga. He chose the restaurant for their style of food inspired by the Catalan and southern French Cuisine. The menu was available in English and produced some intriguing dishes such as Baked sea Urchin and Battered Brains. I opted for the Veal Carpaccio as I rarely see it served in English Restaurants.
The atmosphere was very pleasant and it appeared to be favoured by more middle age couples who were out with their friends. I don't recall seeing anybody sitting as a table of 2.
Overall we received a very good service, excellent food and a very good wine, Castell de remei.

• Visited March 2012