“Delightful touch of elegance in a boisterous and flamboyant city” 5 of 5 stars

+34 932413233
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Hisop is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #334 of 6,425 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Spanish, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Beverley, United Kingdom
“Delightful touch of elegance in a boisterous and flamboyant city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We ate here following the recommendation of my daughter and it didn't disappoint. The staff were a bit cold and formal at first but soon thawed and engaged with us once they realised we were interested in the food, the wine, the olive oil and the amazing caramelised olives at the end of the meal.
We were hugely interested in the man dining alone next to us who ate with a look of such rapture, wrote in his note book and had a visit from the chef!
I would disagree with one other reviewer who said don't book before 9.30. We booked at 8.30 ( there were another 4 tables booked around that time and more followed shortly after) and it was still after 11.30 when we left so I would say that was perfect.
We had the tasting menu with wine pairing which was useful given that we don't know too much about Spanish wines. I would love to think that we will return one day.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
“Fantastic tasting menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

You can't skip Hisop if you visit Barcelona. Excelent creation of mediterranean food.
We have been there with another copule and we has a great time while enjoying a wonderful food.
Very good service.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“An excellent experience of avant-garde Spanish cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I regularly visit the HISOP in Barcelona and it’s always a positive experience; I particularly appreciate a daily menu and a la carte dishes prepared with selected, high quality and fresh seasonal products. In my opinion, the combination of traditional know-how with contemporary cuisine techniques (textures, colors, contrasts), of Mediterranean products mixed with a subtle dose of selected imported ingredients and the availability of an affordable and interesting Spanish wines menu, make HISOP one of the most innovative and interesting gastronomic experiences in Barcelona. The restaurant is small and casual (fortunately) and it’s a place where you can enjoy a warm service and an excellent value for money of the current Spanish avant-garde cuisine.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Irvine, CA
“Not Very Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had dinner here two nights ago and were very disappointed. My wife is Spanish and I am American. We have done a lot of traveling and have spent many years living in France. This restaurant was not very good. We had the tasting menu, and most of the dishes were average or below average. The best part of the meal was the raisin bread.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Marrakech, Morocco
“Did Not Love It...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I'm honestly surprised by the amount of great reviews this restaurant has received. My fiancé and I went after reading about it in a Barcelona travel guide book. The restaurant was ironically listed under "best value for your money". We were starving and the portion sizes were so small for the amount they costed! I got the pig and he got the lamb (later that night he also got sick). I will admit the quality of the food was good, though...just not filling. As an appetizer they served this apple tart ice cream with sardines. I don't like sardines so I only ate the ice cream, and our server asked me why I didn't like it which made me feel awkward. Would not return again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere