“tasty food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Montpellier, France
“tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have eaten at Ugarit in Barcelona several times, in three of their locations. I enjoined the food and the very reasonable price. I am not an expert in middle-eastern cuisine but I found the dishes tasty and not too heavy. The staff is obliging and the service was good and prompt. No complaints on my part.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
lake district
“Huge menu, tasty food, good value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Had a simple lunch here which was on the whole very nice. There were quite a few middle eastern customers talking to the staff so I took that as a good sign. The staff are very good and service was great. The salad I ordered was very good, the bread that came with it not so, I didn't touch it. I ate at the Carrer Verdi branch, I think next time I will go to the Mexican recommended on the other side of the block. Great area for shops and food.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“As a middle eastern - worst food ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

As an Israeli who has eaten some amazing food all across israel, including some amazing homus plates at Arab villages, the food at Ugarit is simply horrible. We've ordered 6 different dishes from the homus, shawarma and kebab and all were simply bad. Not only that but the prices were ridiculous. Truly a disturbing experience for someone who has eaten good middle eastern food

Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
“As a middle eastern - AWFUL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Coming from Israel, I know middle eastern food. I've eaten amazing homus all around Israel, from the old city of Jerusalem to various Arab villages. Ugarit was simply a disturbing experience. Over priced and horrible food. I don't use this word lightly - horrible, but it truly was. The shawarma had an after taste that didn't leave my mouth,3 hours after eatng it. The pitas were of course not real pitas but a sort of squashed bread. The kebab was reasonable, but beside that - simply bad. Not to mention the price. I've eaten at the branch near the sea. The reviews here are talking about quick service and inexpensive food? I really have no clue how they came to that conclusion.... I guess they never actually went to a real middle eastern restaurant... Highly not recommended.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Barcelona, Spain
“Very good, inexpensive, East Mediterranean Cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We eat here quite often and do so for two main reasons:
- The service is excellent, quick and efficient, from both the Catalan and Syrian staff and they seem to be open all hours.
- The food is also very good. All the typical salads and humus from the Eastern Mediterranean countries, well presented and correct amounts.
The local is reasonably decorated with (fake stone walls) but this isn’t the main reason for eating here, but if you’re in the area of the bottom part of the Carrer Verdi and looking for a bite, it’s well worth a try.

• Visited May 2012