“I came back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carmelitas Tapas

Carmelitas Tapas
Calle Del Carme 42 | Carmen 42, 08001 Barcelona, Spain (El Raval)
(+34) 629 56 26 94
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3,175 of 6,910 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Spanish, Tapas
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: El Raval
Description: With NEW MANAGEMENT the Carmelites Vermuteria is ideal for gourmet appetizer, a place of worship where'll also be able to take a good vermouth find a variety of cold dishes like pickled, candied or pickled site. The gastronomic selection comes from the hand of Xavier Pellicer and Rafa Vertamatti two true masters of the art, who wanted to help resuscitate such as vermouth our tradition.
Canada
“I came back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

A year has gone by and I was finally back in BCN. I dropped by with friends to introduce them to this gem. A bit afraid I have to say that the place might have changed. However, as soon as I walked in I was met with familiar faces and the same friendly atmosphere.

There were great vegetarian options and some of the old hits I was familiar with (like the "huevos estreallados con patatas" ). The staff was not only eager to help us out (in english or spanish) but they also accommodated their "menu del dia" to our vegetarian preference - suggesting even better choices than I expected.

Whether you need a break from the tourist food from the Rambla, need a place to work for a few hours or need to impress a date, this place might just do the trick.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Friendliest waitress ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

After a day of sightseeing we had a break at this restaurant very near to Rambla. we could sit outside and the waitress was really as helpful and cheerful as possible. Nice tapas with excellent red wine , followed by a strange but really tasty dessert: toast with olive oil chocolate and salt! Try if you dare!

London
“Friendly and Stylish with Very Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We went to Carmelitas pretty much on a whim, and were glad we did. The menu is small, but perfectly formed and the wait staff were very friendly and helpful. All of our food was extremely well prepared and delicious... including one of the best steaks I've tasted in years. I'll be back the next time I'm in town.

Visited August 2012
Salford, United Kingdom
“Great tapas great atmosphere great staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Great location in the Raval, felt very "local" and not touristy, the waiter was friendly and was very patient with my terrible Spanish (!) and helped us choose our tapas, which was all lovely. We ate on the terrace but the interior of the bar was very cool as well.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam
“Go for the babysquid strings!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Being critical definitely pays off! We were looking for ages for a nice restaurant, away from all the tourists (I was one too, I know...) and horrible Rambla, and we almost gave up, until... we found Carmelitas! It looks really cosy and warm, as well as inside where we waited for our table, as outside. The crew was really friendly and the waitress really took the time to explain the menu and help us with our decisions (thanks for the babysquid recommendation!!). You do have to like kids though, cause they were playing till late at night in the playground next to the terrace. But to me, that only added something to the whole atmosphere :) That's why we came back the next week.

Great service, great atmosphere, even better food! And all that for a VERY affordable price.

• Visited August 2012