“The best sushi in Spain” 5 of 5 stars

93 268 15 35
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Matsuri is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #135 of 6,406 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“The best sushi in Spain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Amazing place, amazing staff and of course amazing food.

We had 5 different courses all with a beautiful presentation and well explained.

Please try the Bare! Wonderful!

London, England, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

As a veggie finding good oriental food is tough in BCN but I've been here twice now and there are a few options enough for a great meal. Tempura were cook well and the curry was fantastic. Didn't try the sushi, but will be going back soon to try! Crepe pancake was amazing and finished my meal perfectly. Waitress also recommended a great bottle of wine to accompany our meal too. A very well run restaurant!

• Visited February 2013
barcelona
“Consistently good. never disappoints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Masturi is one of those reliable restaurants that is always consistent, a tough job in restaurant trades but we can alway trust them to deliver a good meal. Literally, they deliver to your doorsteps and always with a smile. and if you order early, 8ish, you will get it 20-30mins. love the varieties and creativity in sushis and other asian dishes are just as good. what more can you ask when you have one restaurant with 2 distinctive and tasty menus to choose from?

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great restaurant, great food, nice people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We visit matsuri yesterday and do not recognize the critical notes before. We had a great time, professional chefs who prepare very tasteful sushi. We recommend every sushi-lover to go to the matsuri sushi bar! Annemieke

Hollywood, Florida
“Good but Not Great Sushi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I am sorry, but I do not understand how this restaurant is the second-highest rated sushi restaurant in Barcelona, and the 22nd best restaurant overall in the city. No way.

I had eaten a lot of Spanish food over the preceding days, and decided to try some sushi, considering that Barcelona is on the water, and likely to have some pretty fresh fish. I did most of my research here on TripAdvisor, and was pleased to see what sounded like a great sushi restaurant not far from where I was staying. So, off I went.

Reviews had indicated that the place was not large and frequently busy, but I was going toward the earlier part of the evening, so I thought that I might get lucky. In fact, the place was completely empty, to the point where I decided to go have a beer elsewhere first, so that I would not be the only person in there.

By the time that I got back, there were several tables occupied, but it was certainly not crowded. When I got the menu and looked at it, I turned it over, expecting to see more options and variety, but I was wrong.

Essentially, there were only three types of actual raw fish: tuna, salmon and bonito. No hamachi, no eel, no uni, no anything else. When the first several rolls on the menu in Spain contained either cream cheese [which I had wrongfully assumed was a sin only committed in the U.S.] and crab-stick, I knew that this was not going to be what I expected.

The fish was fresh, and the slices were well-sized, but there was simply no way to understand the lack of available variety of fish. So, if you only eat tuna and salmon, this may be the place for you, but if you have a wide sushi palate, then you may want to look elsewhere.

• Visited December 2012