“3 years on and I still talk about this place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Crema Canela

La Crema Canela
Ptge. Madoz, 6, Barcelona, Spain (El Barri Gòtic)
+34 933 18 27 44
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #620 of 6,427 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Neighborhood: El Barri Gòtic
Description: Cocina Mediterranea con ligeros toques orientales- La inspiracion de este restaurante se traslada a una tienda de ultramarinos, apelando a la formalidad y la nostalgia. Madera robusta, vitrinas con botellas y envases, caracterizan el interiorismo. Fusion mediterranea con reminiscencias orientales en la que conviven en perfecta armonia especias como el clavo, la canela y la nuez moscada junto a productos locales como las verduras frescas, carnes y pescados del dia, otorgando un merecido protagonismo al aceite de oliva Extra Virgen.
London, United Kingdom
“3 years on and I still talk about this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Years on I still talk about this place, and what was probably one of the best meals I have ever had! What I had was duck breast, strawberries and sweet potato, and it was one of those meals, that if it was my last, I would be more than happy.

The place is a sweet, its intimate and the ambiance is lovely. In terms of value for money, this is probably one of THE best places to go, because not only is the food and wine at a great price, but it is amazing, you know that the quality of the food here is something you would often pay tonnes more for elsewhere - for me this just added the honest and humble atmosphere to the place. Good honest food, at good honest prices.

I would highly recommend this place, it is different to a lot of the places in Barcelona and is well worth going! I cannot wait til I can go back to Barcelona and visit this restaurant again, until then, I will continue to remember the best meal I've ever had!

Visited June 2013

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Braunton, United Kingdom
“Not your normal Barcelona restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

This place was good. I had fresh wild asparagus with a soft boiled egg and Camembert Cheese which was delicious. My wife had a salad of baby figs and excellent. For mains we had Filet of Dorado and my wife had Grilled Calamari. We was this down with a limited edition Merlot which was only 8.55 euros a bottle. For puds I had a delightful Pear Crumble with ice cream and my wife had baked pineapple. This was an excellent eating house and very reasonable.

Visited May 2014
Buckhannon
“Still One of the Best Restaurants Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I used to eat here several times a month while studying abroad 4 years ago. Was anxious to revisit it and see if it was still as great... Luckily it was. The prices are so reasonable for the quality of food and I love the comfortable/cozy setting. Could eat here every week and not get bored of the food or menu!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Caracas, Venezuela
“Hastily prepared meal: owners please take notice!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

This was our first meal in Barcelona in a one week visit. We were preparing to participate in a Walking Tour and decided to look for a place to have lunch near Plaza Real. The place looked quite nice and the food on other customers´plates looked pretty good so we decided to sit down. We ordered from the day´s menu so we could get served faster. We ordered a Minestrone style soup and some calamari on caramelized potatoes. To our surprise, the minestrone was extremely salty and tasteless and the calamari were not properly cooked and were served on boiled potatoes, which showed that the preparation was totally improvised. We had the rest our desert and left very frustrated and surprised. Not the highlight of our visit to Barcelona. Since we were in need to leave, we did not complain but I will never go back again. This was around 3 pm on April 15th, 2014.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Enschede, The Netherlands
“Very nice 'menu del dia', good deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We had a 'menu del dia' (lunch) for only €10.30: starter (three options), main course (three options), dessert (three options), bread AND large bottle of water/glass of wine. Very good deal! Friendly staff, nice location, very close to Placa Reial/La Ramblas, on a nice terrace.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere