“Fabulous find” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amiga Barcelona Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barcelona
Amiga Barcelona Bed & Breakfast
You added Amiga Barcelona Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Gomis, 49, 08023 Barcelona, Spain   |
Ranked #23 of 303 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Guadalajara, Mexico
“Fabulous find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

in a fabulous city. After attending a conference at a large hotel, this little place was great find. Margarita was helpful with directions and recommendations to see Barcelona and to select restaurants. It's location is also central to sights and the Guell (don't miss). I would like to return one day with my wife.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I had the great pleasure of spending almost 3 months at Amiga B&B while I was working in Barcelona. I found Margarita the proprietor, ably assisted by her housekeeper, to be excellent hosts throughout the duration of my stay. The guest house is in a large apartment and is extremely comfortable and I believe a real taste of Barcelona life. The bedrooms are clean and spacious and an excellent breakfast is provided with a range of cheeses, meats and fruits.
For several weeks my wife and three young children accompanied me and all were made welcome. The guest house is located on a hill and therefore it may not be suitable for the elderly or those with limited mobility, although for myself and my family this was by no means a problem. The surrounding area feels very safe and there are many local shops/cafes etc and only 6-7 minutes walk to the excellent underground Metro system. In addition, for the more energetic, the main tourist areas such as Las Ramblas/waterfront are within 50 minutes walk (12 mins on Metro), although the fantastic Park Guell was just 10 minutes away on foot. Margarita was a mine of useful information and was only too happy to offer advice and help book restaurants or shows.
In summary, an excellent guest house which I would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Didcot
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

If you want perfect rooms with faux beech wood furnishings and perfectly polished mirrors and floors, then maybe look elsewhere. However, if you want to experience what I consider a more realistic Spanish decor and layout, then you should definitely visit. I was truly blown away by Amiga - the apartment is on the second floor and occupies a huge space with individual rooms and a dining room with a large choice of breads, cold meats, cheeses, yoghurst, tea, coffee and juices. The owner also allows people to use the lounge, or bibliotheca, named because shelves line all the walls and are jammed with books. Then add in the massive amount of artworks on the walls and shelves and floor, and you have a really interesting property. The bedroom we had was very comfortable, the bathrooms nice and clean and well presented. Overall, I though this was a really unique experience and it is all down to the owner Margarita, who was incredibly helpful and accomodating.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
ISRAEL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

I and my mother were at Amiga Barcelona B&B from 3.11.11 until 10.11.11.
We arrived late at night and Margarita was very polite and nice despite the late hour.
Everytime Margarita asked if we needed help or guidance. She is a lovely woman, kind, warm atmosphere in the office and makes guests feel like they're in their house.
Breakfast at the hotel is very rich. They include coffee, orange juice, jams, cheeses, sausages, butter and eggs.
One evening, Margarita invited us to dinner and really enjoyed fine.
The house is very clean and tidy.
I highly recommend that anyone coming to Barcelona to stay with a margarita.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

This place was my first B&B experience in a large city and it was more than what I would have ever expected. Good location (especially for those who are interested in Park Guell), great host (Margarita was always there to answer questions, offer assistance, serve us hearty breakfast to start our long day) and a gorgeous apartment complex (with beautiful kitchen with marble sink. My favorite was the elevator that is from the turn of the century). Highly recommended. Muchas gracias, Margarita, para tu hospitalidad.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

The location is away from the city center and very quiet. The best way to get there is the bus #22 so that the short walk to the B&B is all downhill. I didn't find the location to be a problem. Margarita is very nice and the rooms are comfortable, although dark - the quietness also comes from windows that look out onto light wells instead of streets. The apartment is wonderfully furnished and decorated, and the dining room is always full of plenty of things to eat. WiFi connection is also a plus. The main downside for me is having to share the bathrooms, but I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

The host of Amiga B&B, Ms. Margharita, is a very gracious lady. The day we reached, she offered us soft-drinks and beer, talked to us about Barcelona gave us metro and other maps warning us of pick-pockets and describing the area around the B&B. Amiga B&B is situated on Carre Gomez which has a steep incline. Good thing we took a taxi from the airport instead of negotiating buses and metros etc. Going down the hill to catch the Metro at Vallacarca is easy enough (about 2 to 3 blocks) but climbing it back up on return was an effort for us. There are no buses on the street. One has to walk just for a cup of coffee in nearby streers (Republica Argentina or Craywinkle). The location was the biggest detriment.We found the metro at Av. Tibitado more convenient in terms of access from the B&B and also because there were more restaurants in the neighborhood. Breakfast consisted of coffee/tea, cereal, fruit, yoghurt, the usual fare. There are also cookies and fruit to snack during the day. But because houses share walls and are often back to back, we had little daylight in our room. We had our own keys but it felt like entering a dark phantom house when we returned in the afternoon. Some reviewers have said that Ms. Margharita was at breakfast every morning but this was not our experience. There is no Wi-fi that you can connect to with your laptop but there is a laptop with internet for guest use. In summary this would be a great B&B for younger people with strong legs but more challenging for people who are not strong walkers.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Amiga Barcelona Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!