I should probably start this off by saying I'm not a seasoned hostel-stayer and generally will stay in cheap hotels so perhaps my opinion isn't as valid as others.
The hostel itself is quite nice with nice and helpful staff, my biggest issue was being covered in mosquito bites before the check in process had even finished. Perhaps being a 'garden' hostel should have prepared me for this though I wasn't expecting the number of mosquitos to be quite so big in a city like Barcelona - more a Fiji kind of thing.
The first night we were in a twin room with shared bathroom, the room was clean though very small. We stayed in the middle of summer and it was very hot but no fans in the room. We left the window open when we slept and they had no fly screens which meant more bites for me - yay.
We then moved into a double room with private bathroom (it wasn't available the first night hence booking the twin) and what a difference in rooms! Much larger, more comfortable, a fan and a very large balcony which was just great. For not much more extra cost you get quite a bit more including your own bathroom (though the shower was incredibly small - but this is fine).
There is just a sheet on the bed and if you're like me, I still like the option of a blanket given it gets cold at night with the fan on - but just me being fussy. Still no fly screen on the doors so when you leave the door open (it gets quite hot in the morning) you can see and hear the mosquitos everywhere.
Location wise it is a short walk to Valdaura metro station with a few supermarkets around. Not really anywhere decent to go out and eat so we always went into the gothic centre or the beach, both were about 20 mins away. Make sure you get a 10 trip ticket for the metro - €9.80 for the ticket and everywhere you want to go is within zone 1.
- Also Known As:
- Garden House Hostel Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Garden House Hostel Barcelona Hotel
- Feetup Garden House Hostel Barcelona, Catalonia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feetup Garden House Hostel is one of the first hostels in Barcelona to be opened, and it is the perfect budget accommodation for those who want to expirience the real Barcelona and meet travellers from all over the world.Cosy, authentic and genuine, Feetup Garden House Hostel is located in an authentic Catalan neighbourhood, called the Horta district, in a big old house built at the turn of the 20th century.At Feetup Garden House Hostel you will have the opportunity to experience the real Barcelona and live closer their customs and of course enjoy its orthography, environment and lots of green zones around the Feetup Garden House Hostel Barcelona.Here at Feetup Garden House, you`ll find a safe, warm, friendly and international atmosphere. Our team are able to keep conversations in various languages, and provide information about activities and many interesting places to visit in Barcelona. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Agoda, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HostelBookers, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Feetup Garden House Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.