“Gorgeous and welcoming b&b” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BarcelonaBB

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barcelona
BarcelonaBB
You added BarcelonaBB to your Saves list
Mallorca corner of Girona, 08037 Barcelona, Spain (Eixample)   |
Ranked #2 of 303 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Poole, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous and welcoming b&b”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

My friend and I booked our stay at Barcelona BB based on Trip Advisor reviews and we really loved our stay there. The location in L'Eixample was great as it was close enough to walk to many of the main tourist attractions (Sagrada Familia and La Pedrera are very close) but we also felt like we got an insight into 'real' Barcelona and we really enjoyed discovering the neighbouring squares, bars and restaurants.

The photos of Barcelona BB on TA are great, but it was even nicer in person. A completely gorgeous and homely apartment, with a really comfortable living and dining area for the guests to use. The Breakfast was especially delicious, with a mix of freshly cooked tortilla/omelette and fruit/bread/meat completed with delicious coffee. The plus side of choosing a b&b over a hotel is especially evident here as breakfast was a lively and friendly start to each day with all the other guests.

Finally, Kiku and John were wonderful hosts and really helped us fully enjoy our visit to Barcelona.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Eagle, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I had a business/pleasure trip to Barcelona recently and stayed at the Provenca Apartment of BarcelonaBB. From the first contact via email, Kiku was right on it and the the booking went smoothly. He met me when I arrived and gave me tips on good local restaurants and sites as well as directions to my conference. The apartment was clean and located in a great spot and it was a good value. I will for sure stay with them again when I return in the Spring with my family. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Westport, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My parents stayed here for three nights at the end of October. They had a brilliant stay and the owners could not have been more welcoming or helpful. They stayed in the yellow room and really enjoyed chatting with the other guests over breakfast. They were given advice on restaurants, bars and even how to get to the airport from the owners. They would stay there again in a heartbeat . 10/10

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed in the Barcelona B&B in October at the end of our trip to Spain and France. We stayed in the Green room, which was beautiful and large, and the shared eating/living space was spacious and artistically decorated. Breakfast, which was served around a large dining table, was delicious with extensive choices. The shared bathroom was large and clean. The location is good for visiting all the Gaudi sights, but the neighbourhood did not have the lively atmosphere of the old quarter. At the beginning of our trip, we had stayed at the Bonic B&B, which was in a great location. If I were only staying at one place in Barcelona, I would choose the Bonic for its location, but the rooms at the Barcelona were superior, so it was nice to have the experience of both.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
BarcelonaBB-com, Propietario at BarcelonaBB, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your very nice comments, we always love hearing from our guests :)
Regarding what you mention about our B&B being in a location not as lively as the old town or gothic quarter, it is not the case for us locals.. Le Eixample, our area, wins in all aspects, I must point out that we are in the very center of the city, 4 streets away from the most posh street in Barcelona, Passeig the Gracia, full of beautiful shops, great architecture, tons of restaurants, tons of bars, tons of terraces, tons of people, not to mention Rambla Catalunya which is the following street voted to be the best stret of the city, with a pedestrian boulevard, full of restaurants with terraces, bars shops and full of people, in my opinion much more lively than the Gothic area, our area has more of a local feeling. The gothic area is a must visit, but it is not the most emblematic area of our city. I respect your opinion but I would like to give my opinion for our readers. I do feel that we are in the best part of town and would never change it for any other area of the city, the gothic is nice to visit for the day but definitely not the area where I would recommend good friends to stay.
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Location: It is in a lovely neighborhood, surrounded with different restaurants and bars. It is less than 5 minutes walk to metro station. Just a few metro stations away from La Ramblas, Barceloneta, Sagrada Familia.

Staff: Kiku and Jon are very friendly and helpful. Their recommendations on restaurants are more than satisfying for us. Every morning they also attended to breakfast and make people meet and chat with each other. Also the maid is very cheerful and helpful. We could manage to communicate with her without any common language.

Hotel: Although two rooms share a bathroom, that creates no problem since the common areas are kept clean all the time. The decoration of this hotel is very lovely and it makes you feel home. A laptop, towels, free WiFi, and corkscrew are available in any room.

Breakfast: Having breakfast at a big table with people coming from all around the world was fun. 3-4 types of sausage and cheese, omelettes, croissants, butter and marmalade are served. Occasionally cake and boiled eggs are also served. It was very satisfying.

Room Tip: Wooden room: The room was very large with wooden furniture. The windows open to street, no balcony...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Barcelona at the Barcelona BB for 2 nights in September. The location is great with easy access to metro stops and within a longish walk of the main city centre/ plaza. The neighbourhood is attractive and feels safe. Restaurants/ cafes within walking distance.
When we arrived early (9am) off an overseas flight, KIKU welcomed us warmly, gave us coffee and breakfast (although we weren't even scheduled to arrive until later in the day). Generous and delicious breakfast kept us going all day. The room was spacious, had an extra sitting room and functional bathroom. I also liked that there was a common lounge for guests to enjoy. Often you don't have that extra space in a B&B. Good choice for a B&B and there is a great tapas bar just down the street. Only complaint is that we did not leave enough time to enjoy the beautiful city.

Room Tip: I'm a light sleeper and our room was quiet and dark. Make sure to ask for this as the city can b...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in July with my husband & son in the wooden room. Firstly, the directions to Barcelona BB from the metro were great, if you follow everything that is said; you will not have a problem in finding it. Next; Kiku is a great host ; very gracious, pleasant and helpful. Barcelona BB is very clean and tidy, rooms are big and beautiful, and the breakfast is a fantastic start to the day! Great location, quiet area and safe to walk around late at night, and close to the metro and hop on hop off bus stop. I thoroughly recommend Barcelona BB.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to BarcelonaBB? Share your experiences!