• Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, cable also available at no cost for a stronger connection
• Amazing location (3 min walk from La Rambla and Catalunya metro)
• Free bottled cold water service all day & coffee/espresso service from 3pm onwards
• Room was extremely clean, spacious, new and included a terrace overlooking the square
• Jacuzzi & Sun roof terrace
• Fully functioning air conditioner
• Free printing (useful for printing attraction tickets and onward travel confirmations etc.)
• Friendly and helpful staff
• No fridge in room
• As we discovered all over Europe, the ‘double’ is more accurately 2 twins pushed together. Not a major concern, but worth noting.
• Potential to be a bit (but not unbearably) noisy depending on clientele staying in nearby rooms
• Breakfast (isn’t included and not worth the €7/day charge) we regularly ate breakfast across the street at ‘Mucci’s’ for far less where a variety of breakfast and other foods are available.
Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and although it wasn’t the cheapest place to stay in Barcelona (€90), the location was fantastic and the other extras, which to our pleasant surprise, were all included, made this a pleasant refuge and base from which to explore Barcelona. So much so in fact that the positives we have highlighted for this hotel now form our checklist for budget stays while travelling.
- Also Known As:
- Ciutat Vella Hotel
- Hotel Ciutat Vella Barcelona, Catalonia
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Olotels, Otel and Expedia so you can book your Hotel Ciutat Vella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.