We only stayed at Ana’s for one night, but we felt compelled to review because we had such a positive experience.
We weren’t originally booked to stay here, we had booked at another B&B just near Las Ramblas, who had agreed to put us up for 3 nights in their B&B and 1 night in their apartment. However they mistakenly double booked the apartment, so they spoke to the owners here, who agreed to put us up for one night short notice.
After the mix-up at the other B&B were a bit apprehensive, but were very pleasantly surprised. The owners were very hospitable, and went over and above in contacting the other B&B to chase our bags when they had not shown up several hours after they said they would drive them over!
The B&B was quiet, peaceful, clean and very well appointed. Breakfasts were fresh and plentiful – with fresh pastries delivered from the local bakery each day, which are left out and available for you to snack on at any time. The balcony/terrace of the B&B is quite and private (surrounded by greenery) and a lovely place to sit out on in the evening - we took a bottle of wine and a couple of books out there. All in all brilliant value – far better than what you get for your money right in the centre.
We were really surprised by the Gracia district nearby – it wasn’t where we would have initially chosen to stay, but we wished we had stayed there the whole duration of our trip. It was only a short metro hop to the centre (metro is really easy to use), but it was much less touristy, quieter, and a really cool little neighbourhood to explore with lots of lovely independent, quirky little shops, cafes and restaurants. Even the girl at the local grocery store made a real effort to recommend us some excellent value local wine rather than taking advantage of our gullible tourist status and trying to sell us overpriced plonk! I was gutted we had to leave after one night, and if we go back to Barcelona I will definitely come back and stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ana's Guest House Diagonal is a quite, safe and comfortable new place at the modernist neighborhood of Eixample in the center of Barcelona. Our flat is a beautiful and plenty of light with warm atmosphere. The style reflects the modern architecture of the 1900’s, with a cozy terrace and a beautiful view of the gardens to take breakfast and relax. It has six stylish spacious rooms some of them with balconies and private bathroom. Ana & family will personally make sure your stay is relaxing and comfortable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Ana's Guest House B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ana`s Guest House Hotel Barcelona
- Ana`s Guest House Bed And Breakfast
- Ana's Guest House B&B Barcelona, Catalonia