“Excellent food enjoyable meal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ca l'isidre

Ca l'isidre
Carrer De les Flors 12 | Ciutat Vella, 08001 Barcelona, Spain (El Raval)
+34 934 41 11 39
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Ca l'isidre is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #242 of 6,910 Restaurants in Barcelona
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: El Raval
Description: Ca l���Isidre is the best formal Catalan restaurant in Barcelona. Royalty, celebrities and gourmets have been returning to this small family-owned, art-filled treasure since it opened just off El Paral.lel avenue and inside the Raval quarter in the 70s. Because it relies on what catches chef-owner Isidre Girones��� eye at the nearby La Boqueria market that morning, the menu changes day by day. Go for the classics every time: the sausages, grilled prawns, fried codfish, and lamb brains in black butter, for example, are out of this world. A special mention goes to Ca l���Isidre���s creative desserts. A must-visit restaurant.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Excellent food enjoyable meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here whilst in Barcelona for our wedding anniversary. The food was excellent and we had a thoroughly enjoyable meal, excellent flavours and textures and the mushroom starter was amazing. The service was good although we felt the restaurant was lacking in atmosphere. Unfortunately I was disappointed at being charged for an aperitif that we hadn't asked for, usually if the chef sends this out it's complimentary and for a €200 meal it's disappointing. Also whilst the steaks we had were cooked to perfection I'm not sure that charging €40 each is justified, certainly above what I have paid at other fine dining restaurants that I would classify above this. Overall we had a lovely meal and if you're looking for something a bit more special its worth a try.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ottawa, Canada
“Enjoyable meal, lovely service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We wanted a meal that was not tapas, and chose this restaurant close to where we were staying. We selected our meal from the set menu, which included wine: the food was good, particularly the fish. The enjoyment of the meal was enhanced by the wonderful service - the waiters were very attentive and friendly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Fantastic, food, extraordinary service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I had the joy of dining here last night and truly had one of the best meals ever. from the appetizers of shrimp and mussels, which were so sweet, to the jamon sausage with mushroom as the starter. the mushrooms were so flavorful and perfectly cooked as was the jamon. the main of cabrito with baby onions so tender and i savored every bite. The crema catalana was classic.

Atlanta, Georgia
“A Catalan Jewel; Historic and Current”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I just came back from a two week gastronomic/cultural tour of northern Spain, and the first review I feel compelled to write is for this spectacular restaurant. It was a joy - true Catalan cuisine - which for me, somehow remains rooted in tradition yet continues to evolve. The Catalans are remarkably artistic and this dining gem is creative on every level, while holding true to the pillars of Catalan gastronomy : fantastic seasonal products showcased in the freshest, simplest ways possible. Everything is extremely flavorful at Ca L'isidre ; from the fish and crustaceans, to the mushrooms, steaks, breads and excellent, memorable deserts. The chef is terrific . Even the subtle touches like the use of salt is pitch perfect. I also loved the cava - the most special on our trip: a special organic variety of rose. I have been to Catalonia several
times and have enjoyed many top places, including Cellar de Can Rocca ,which I LOVED. BTW. From now on, whenever I am in Barcelona, I will head to Ca l'isidre. A very pretty flower/art filled space. This restaurant has it all, including elegant warm service. None of the trendy 'new' Barcelona restaurants hold a candle to this established GEM.Ca l'isidre is a don't miss. Robin Keuneke

Plainview, New York
“Excellent meal, great service, a real treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Had one of my best meals in Spain here. The service was impeccable. The owner is sweet and informative. The meal progressed from a wonderful tomatoe sald (with the most magnificent tomatoe that we ever had) to a codfish salad, ravioli filled with langostines, tuna filet (so tender!), to a tartar or "dorada" fish (my wife loved it), to a suquet (fish soup) of monkfish. The desserts were innovative and superb. Highly recommended. We will be back.

• Visited August 2013