“Our stay at The Praktik Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/Diputacion 325, 08009 Barcelona, Spain (Eixample)   |
Ranked #206 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Coquitlam
“Our stay at The Praktik Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We enjoyed the location of the Hotel close to everything and we slept well.Nice room to meet other travellers with access to a computer books and magazines.We slept well the bed was comfortable clean hot showers with lots of water large comfortable bed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Praktik, Belén Mas-Hotel Manager at Praktik Garden, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thanks for sharing your opinion with Tripadvisor´s travelers.

We are happy you enjoyed the location of The Praktik and made use of our lounge area placed in the first floor with a nice terrace and free internet service for our customers.
We hope to see you next time at The Praktik.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

As I booked to stay at their sister hotel in Madrid, I thought I will also stay in the Praktik Hotel Barcelona during my stay in Barcelona. I booked directly via their website about 2 months before my intended stay. Due to a change of travelling plans (and about 3 weeks before my intended stay), I need to make certain changes to my booking - to add one extra night before my intended stay, and to cancel one night in between (so my booking is split into 2 legs).

Following the instructions on the email confirmation, I emailed the hotel to change my booking and asked for the new price. They emailed back with the new price and with a question about whether I am spitting my booking into 2 legs. I emailed back 2 days later confirming that I am splitting my booking into 2 legs. Then 2 more days later I receive an email from the hotel to inform me that there is no room available.

Needless to say I was flustered by this sudden change and scrambled to book a room at another hotel.

It may be that this is a really nice hotel in a really nice neighborhood but I will never know as I don't intend to stay there. I find it disappointing that they took 2 days to inform me (and after a chaser email from me) that there is no room available. The hotel need to work on their booking systems - perhaps to invest in an electronic system and don't need to rely on their staff to change bookings manually.

Room Tip: Call them if ever you need your bookings changed - email response takes at least one day and your ro...
Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Praktik, Belén Mas-Hotel Manager at Praktik Garden, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Guest.
We apologise you didn´t have the chance to modify your booking after sending few emails to our front desk.
We are 24 hours at the Front desk and we try to reply all the emails and demands of our guests as quick as possible. We don´t usually take more than 48 hours to answer emails as is one of the main tasks of reception.

I am sorry that once we answered your email we did not have more rooms for you to extend your booking, we have high occupancies and sometimes when we have only 1 or 2 rooms available they are sold from one day to another or even hours.

I recommend you next time to call directly to the hotel if it is very urgent or you see don´t have response from us.
We hope to host you in another occasion to demostrate our services and good care as efficiency in our front dest.

My sinceres apologies once again.
Barcelona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We spent 3 nights in a lovely part of the city, convenient to all sights. People at the reception were very helpful and courteous. The room was quiet, bed comfortable and had a big shower. What if could use is a full length mirror. Plenty of places to eat in the surrounding area. From the hotel we generally walked out as far as the beach and cabbed back (no more than 10 euros). Also only 6 blocks from the Airport bus.

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stayed here a year or so before and the hotel was still in good condition, the rooms are clean and smart, basic but has everything you really need, so you're not paying for things you wouldn't use.
There's only every 1 member of staff on duty but they are always helpful, and this is a great hotel for the price and location.
There's nowhere to have breakfast at the hotel but I can recommend 'Cafe Te Quiero', less than a hundred metres from the hotel on C/Diputacion. They do a good breakfast for under 7Euros.
Also if you continue past 'Cafe Te Quiero' for another 200 metres there is underground parking at 22Euros for 24Hours, good value for the centre of Barcelona

Room Tip: I actually prefer the rooms with a balcony on C/Diputation rather than the rooms at the rear which h...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Praktik, Belén Mas-Hotel Manager at Praktik Garden, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for your good review!

For us it is amazing to see you enjoyed your second stay with us. We hope there are many more where we can still offer you the best service for a perfect visit to Barcelona.

Let us clarify we offer 2 options of breakfast in restaurants around the area, one of them, just around the corner. You just need to ask on the reception and our staff will let you know what to do.
In front to our hotel there is also a parking place for 23€ 24Hours.

Once again, thank you for your choice and you are always welcome to come back!

Best wishes,
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed for 7 nights, husband & wife. no kids.
friend staid the same amount of time and gave us the recommendation
excellent bed, clean room great location. VALUE FOR MONEY
the room is simple (in a good way) & minimalist style design and we loved it.
the crew is very nice and helpful

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your great review about our hotel. It is very nice to read that your expectations got fulfilled and you enjoyed your stay that much!
Thank you for recommending us and we hope to see you soon!

Best regards from Barcelona!
Barcelona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Room was really small, but clean and nice. No cupboards. They were not overly friendly, but generally nice and efficient. Nice toiletries. Have stayed in worse for just a little less.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Praktik Garden? Share your experiences!